White Tank Mts. - -close to Sun City

Discussion in 'Picture Perfect' started by Anita Mae, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

White Tank Mts. West of Sun City.... Years ago back in the 70's it was considered ---just part of the Desert...just a trail here and there to walk on. It was a total natural desert get-away with a beautiful view of Phoenix Area.
    Since then - -it has grown in size - -many walking-hiking trails are now available and very safe for all age groups. There are many picnic areas as well as a small camping area. Pay for parking. A Public Library which is beautiful - is also located at the entrance of the White Tanks.

White tanks 100_2288.jpg white tanks 100_2284.jpg white tanks.jpg

White Tanks DSCN0460 -.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Riding stables are also located just outside the park.
    I took my family there in February.

3. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Should we get a big rain, one might want to go to White Tanks to see the waterfalls. I have only seen a trickle of water there, but it is a good easy hike regardless. Another AZ jewel.

4. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

Gilmark... My son absolutely loves the White Tanks - -He, his doggie "Rocky" The Boxer (classic name) - love it there - - what a wonderful work out for them both - - walking/hiking those great trails.

I was happy to go with them one day last Spring - 2012..after we had several rains... The Waterfall Trail was awesome at the end - -a nice "pool" for Rocky to cool down in ! Lots of Rock formation along the trail to get some nice pics, also !

Preston Rocky Wt.Tanks May 2012.jpg White Tanks DSCN0464 -.jpg
    White Tanks DSCN0468 -.jpg white tanks - -water fall trail - the end of it May 2012.jpg
    White Tanks Mt. May 2012.jpg