What do you like to watch on TV?

Discussion in 'Talk of Television' started by Ken, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

When we live in Sun City permanently, I will purchase no additional TV service (I say this now) because there is too much to do and be involved with/in in Sun City.

2. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

I am not a big T.V.Watcher -- however, I will listen to World News, PBS for informational.
    "Family Feud" for entertainment. "Rachel Ray" for her cooking tips & recipes. I listen, often, to the Christian Stations.

3. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I just get the over the air stations, but fortunately that includes PBS on 8-1, 8-2, 8-3. Last week they started Endeavor about Inspector Morse's earlier years. Wow. Dang good. This week's one is available on the website and it is a must for classical music lovers as it has a pianist and opera references. Inspector Morse has always been one of my favorites because it is shot in Oxford. It was followed by Inspector Lewis and now this new treat. If you enjoy a good detective show.... http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/episode/endeavour-s1-e2-fugue/

4. gilmark

gilmark New Member

We use our big screen TV mostly for movies and Netflix TV series, such as Monarch of the Glen (watch while waiting for Season IV of Downton Abbey).

5. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I usually only watch news and live sports on television. I prefer to order television series on DVD from the library. It may be that the current season of the show is over but I can watch a whole series without commercial interruption or forgetting to set a recorder. We do have a streaming video subscription to Netflix which is great and can be watched on our large screen television via wifi or computer.

I just finished watching "Call the Midwife" which was a BBC series set in the 50's and in the poor sections of England. The storylines, music and cast were wonderful. The first two seasons are available but seasons 3-4 haven't been released yet. A must see for those liking period pieces.

6. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I am watchng call "Call the Midwife" these days and love it! Try "Monarch of the Glen" -- another good one.

7. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Yes...we've watched "Monarch" and it was very good. Other BBC favorites are MI5, Doc Martin and Merlin. All of these are available at the library.

8. suncityjack

Anyone as surprised at the Person of Interest death this past week?!

9. archer

archer New Member

Surprised.... No, angry about it..... Yes. I really liked her.

10. suncityjack

Ditto! Saw her on some late night interview and she said when she signed on she had wanted it to be for a limited time so she could pursue more movies, so it was her decision. It's gonna leave a gap for sure. What do you think of the woman who has been part of the team for a few episodes now? She's a strange one, but that makes for interest I think.