Water Rates to increase - - Our awesome Sun City need to respond to EPCOR

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Anita Mae, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Web site to contact to the State Commissioners regarding this water rate issue..

1. We can all send in a quick note indicating our deep concerns of 89% increase in water rates with this - - Fill in the blanks... Pretty Easy !
    2. Please forward this site to all your friends - - They can also submit for our plea !

You might need to "copy & paste" this site..

Submit your opposition statement to the AZ Corporation Commission online. (See #7-9 for needed info. for the online comment) Here is the link:
    3. http://www.azcc.gov/Divisions/Utilities/forms/CommentForm.htm

7.Name of Docket: EPCOR Waste Water Consolidation
    8.Utility Name: EPCOR
    9.Docket Numbers (type in both) : W-013031-09-0343 and SW-013031-09-0343

Sample letter : Please revise to fit YOU !

As a Sun City, AZ resident I am requesting you do not allow full consolidation of all the EPCOR wastewater districts.

This consolidation would cause an unfair hardship to the residents of Sun City. It would essentially force Sun City to subsidize the costs of newer developments that were built in recent years. It should not be allowed. An 89% increase is unconscionable. We are a retirement community where many of us are on fixed incomes. Sun City paid for the building of its own sewer system many years ago. Since that time, many communities have been added. I clearly remember when the first house was built in Anthem, standing in the middle of the desert all by itself. I never dreamed that I would be expected to pay for their sewer system many years later. I realize the water company would find it convenient to have us all on the same rate, but that is totally unfair and should not be allowed. This expense should have been paid by the builders of these new communities or perhaps by the purchasers of these new homes. The water company should find another way to make ends meet without putting it onto the backs of senior citizens long retired on fixed incomes.

Based on the figures supplied by EPCOR, each Sun City wastewater user would experience a 90% rate increase if full-district consolidation was to be approved by the Commission.
    EPCOR noted in their ACC response they have projected additional capital improvement costs for the Sun City District of $9.3M over the next five years. If a full consolidation were to take place, Sun City users would be required to pay an additional $22.5M over the noted five-year period. This equates to subsidizing other district costs in the amount of $13.2M. We cannot and should not be required to subsidize other districts for poor planning and choices.

Please - deny this EPCOR raising our Sun City Water Rate - This is absolutely nonsense ! !
    Thank you for your consideration and a vote to deny full consolidation of the EPCOR wastewater districts.