This is depressing

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by J_and_V, Jan 7, 2016.

1. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

I have 12 more business days to work.

I'm training 3 people to do my job.

I'm starting to doubt that we can have our place in Seattle to a point where I can relocate to SC buy Super Bowl Sunday.

I need a distraction, so I log onto the forum and all I hear is crickets.

Heloooooooooooo....anybody out there?

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

El Nino is causing Arizona to have more rain than usual.
    And snow in the northern elevations making skiers happy.

I check the weather online every morning to see if it is safe to drive.
    Our streets get flooded very fast.
    Sun City isn't too bad but some intersections are.
    Also. some people don't slow down and send up big sprays of water.

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

When we get a big rain day here in LA I know its probably headed to SC. I wonder about my house. I do have a handyman in and out a few days a month but I still wonder. Last time I was there I had a small roof leak...I'd already had the roof inspected and repaired during the summer but something didn't hold. Fortunately I was there to see it and they fixed it again. The handyman said it was fine as of Monday but I think the hardest rain did not happen until Wed (if it followed LA's pattern). Its a bit worrisome having a house you can't check on frequently. And rather be watching the rain out my beautiful SC window than from a car window here. Tic toc the slow clock until I move in.

4. fixj

fixj Active Member

J and V
    Here is my Rx. After work go to 13 Coins ...get a seat at the counter...order a beer and a Joe Special, better yet a Ukranian Joe Special.
    My cure for a rainy January night in Seattle.

5. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Hey fixj - - I should probably head over to Mama's on 2nd before the wrecking ball comes calling. I know I'll find good Mexican food in AZ, but the places there probably don't have an Elvis room.

6. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Enough whining V, get off your butt and get it in gear. Those last few weeks are always going to be overloaded and the best solution is just keep pushing.

So buck up kiddo, kick it into high gear and get that house on the market. Leaving that old life behind for a new (and better) tomorrow will make all that work even that much better.

7. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Little I can do around the house while I'm chained to a desk. Dorks around here even booked a two hour meeting, at the end of the day...on FRIDAY. Who knew I had so much information and wisdom to share.

ANYWAY - We are on it:
    Take car for in for service - CHECK
    Take kittens for pre-travel checkup and social call on vet - CHECK
    Make room reservation in pet friendly hotel, near I-5, around Sacramento (the halfway stopping point on our drive) - CHECK
    Meet with realtor - CHECK

We have so many invitations for breakfasts, lunch, and dinners between now and when we take off next Friday it's amazing. (It's all about J, I'm coming back but the J's are staying in AZ.)

So, we are making slow steady progress. Once the kittens are out of the house and I get back up here, it's watch the movers remove everything, paint the bedrooms, clean the carpets, and scrub the house from tip to tail. I'm looking forward to it.