The New Board Members

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by FYI, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. Too bad for Akins that there were over 500 "LIVE" witnesses

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

A couple of things first Cheri. Every one need enjoy the holidays and try and focus on them. Second, let's see who ends up as the officers. After the crap Ricky went through, we just might be better off gathering 3200 signatures for a special membership meeting where recall is the main item on the agenda. Lots to talk about and i suspect they will get an earful on Thursday morning.

I had really hoped reaching a quorum was a wake up call, obviously it meant NOTHING to them.

3. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

You silly! We already know what kind of minutes are taken.....just what you said above!

4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Careful P_I who knows what lengths they may go to to clean up that discrepancy?

5. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Yeah, and they will once again not allow us a vote but take it under study, regardless of what the bylaws might say.

6. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Then perhaps all those people who recorded the meeting and posted them on Next Door have nothing to worry about? Did they make the usual mention that we can't record the meetings or did they miss that one too?

7. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

I recall somebody else who used a product called BleachBit for similar reasons!

8. Cheri Marchio

Cheri Marchio Active Member

I believe that missed that language too.

FYI likes this.
  9. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

You know, I was just watching the Meeting on my wife's Facebook page and Sue said that the meeting was scheduled to end at a certain time. How come I didn't see any scheduled time to adjourn listed in the agenda? I don't remember the chair asking for a membership vote to adjourn the meeting either?

eyesopen likes this.
  10. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

deleted

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    OneDayAtATime likes this.
  11. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

12. SCR

SCR Active Member

Anyone who has a link to the NextDoor ideology, could you please send me a pm with the link so it doesn’t show up on this forum.

13. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

You know, just thinking out loud, and kicking myself in the butt for not thinking about it sooner:

The Membership Meeting was our meeting. It was not up to the board members or even allow for them to call for an Executive Session.

Perhaps we could have made a motion to adjourn until 1 o'clock and during that adjournment the board could call an emergency special meeting to "study" our motions?

I guess we were kinda ill prepared but I think we learned a lot and will surely be better prepared the next time.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  14. OneDayAtATime

???

15. SCR

SCR Active Member

That should have said video - on nextdoor

16. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Member

Did you get the link? I have it but can't figure out how to pm you.

17. OneDayAtATime

The link is out there. It's on Nextdoor and 4 Facebook groups: Suncity Residents; Sun City Chitchat; Sun City Chat; and Supporters of Karen McAdam. You need to be logged into your FB account first then click on the link. The video does not start at the beginning of the meeting.

18. SCR

SCR Active Member

ODAAT I appreciate you posting sites that have the video, I don't use Nextdoor and rarely use Facebook. In fact I rarely if ever use any social media site.
    If you could when you have time, PM me the link as I couldn't find it on Facebook even though I was logged in.

There is no reason that link can't be posted here as if it is on social media and not on the RCSC site it is fair game for anyone who wants to use it and post it elsewhere.

As far as I know, RCSC does not control this site. I could be wrong, but in this case I'm pretty sure the RCSC uses this site like every other forum member. Read and post.

But if you are more comfortable sending the link by PM that's fine.

Thanks

19. SCR

SCR Active Member

Just re-read Randy's Notes.

He gave a pretty detailed report on the deficiencies in the RCSC IT infrastructure for documentation, hardware, software, and general ability to resolve issues as they are reported.

He clearly states that piece-meal installation of equipment and software has led to the shape we are in today, which is pitiful. Part of this is due to the lack of any oversight of the IT department and a lack of a clear an robust budget for the IT department. Randy spelled out in Item 4B that the IT budget is clearly lacking.

Based on items approved in the PIF, IT will probably not see an improvement for quite some time. To bring IT into the 21st century is going to take a massive effort and a huge budget.

I think Randy made the IT department look like fools but I guess that is the result of a board that provided no budget for them.

Again, just my opinion.

Cheri Marchio and OneDayAtATime like this.
  20. jeb

jeb Active Member

My understanding is neither hardware nor software has life span of 15 years so can't be funded thru PIF.
    BUT, maybe Jan squirreling away year after year of "carry overs" could have been put to better use?
    Am I reading 2022 Operating Budget correctly: Next years proposed excess plus previous years excess will total 2,759,910 ?? I know Steve C mentioned this recently. New Board, hopefully starting to steer in new direction!

OneDayAtATime likes this.