The Membership Meeting That Wasn't...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Oct 9, 2021.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

One almost have to laugh. The RCSC went to great lengths to try and pass language where they could forgo the annual membership meeting due to an act of God, a pandemic or a serious case of hemorrhoids by a board member. It was an action that had members riled and angry.

The RCSC, bowing to the wishes of the membership, pulled the motion due to a lack of a second. Whew, we avoided that travesty of justice. But alas, the most minimum of notices just passed by with nary a comment. The by-laws called for 10 to 60 days for the meeting call to go out. Maybe i just missed mine eh?

Anyway, their own documents call for an annual membership meeting. The state statutes in Title 10 call of an annual membership meeting. Because it is normally in January or February, it was held off and placed on the calendar for Oct 18. Oops.

I guess it really doesn't matter what the documents call for any more, they just do what the freaking want anyway.

2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Interesting that the Annual Meeting on December 13th is the day before our new Board Members will be elected.