The Community That Changed a Nation...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jul 3, 2019.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Don’t get me started IC, been shouting this information for years while serving on the board and well after. Like i said, the saving grace for the short term (next ten years) will be the 3 private country clubs. Now that they are independently owned, their future is pretty well cast in stone. There’s no question it will be tumultuous, but as they are developed, it will add to the population base. And, given they will in all likelihood be higher end builds there will more likely be more affluent buyers who may be golfers.

The amazing aspect of the Webb Corporation was they were always looking to the future. They studied trends and made decisions based on. Golf was the end all be all, now it’s not and probably never will. Long term (20 years and more) we will have to look internally at our situation.

There's an interesting battle taking place in at Ahwatukee Farms and has been going on for the past 6 years. Just read an article where the home owners have won a major victory over the developer and his efforts to build on the golf course that's been closed since 2013. Hence the changes made to this post.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. BPearson

3. BPearson

Thanks for the reminder E, replaced the old computer this week and got behind a bit. Here's the link to #13.

Cool because you get to look inside John Meeker and what drove him. Nice.

4. BPearson

5. BPearson

Prices on homes have indeed exploded emily. That said, anything priced reasonably well sells quickly. The ones that sit there are 30 to 40k over what they should be. Sun City residents are still a powerful selling tool, word of mouth in Sun City is still critically important. It's a shame the Visitor Center removed the floor plans. Someday we will develop the museum site with a comprehensive name, number, floor plan and the location they were built. Someday.

Here is this weeks installment, it's pretty good.

All that is left is 76, 77 and 78 and the day before the museum open house for members, i will post the Epilogue. It will be the best of the best and the summation will leave you weeping with joy.

6. BPearson

Emily Litella likes this.
  7. BPearson

Damn, just sent of the Epilogue and cut lines for this weeks release. I will post it Wednesday evening. You should make a point to read it, the insight into Del Webb is simply amazing.

8. BPearson

The final installment, well worth the read: Epilogue.

Love your thoughts on the series.

Emily Litella likes this.
  9. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Thank you for your efforts over the past 3 months. Your posts and history installments were informative, interesting and entertaining. Keep it up!

10. BPearson

Thanks aggie, i appreciate the comments. Hopefully in the next day or two i can express my thoughts generated while writing the series regarding Sun City and what we have become.

11. BPearson

Thanks E, it was fun to look inside Del and the gang’s efforts. Seldom do we get an introspective look like this.