The bastards did it!

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by FYI, Jun 27, 2021.

1. SCR

SCR Active Member

Slightly off topic, but what/who is the RCSC Corporation?

2. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

You can find the long answer in the Articles of Incorporation and I'm sure BPearson can, and will, give you a better synopsis, but the short answer is; The RCSC is simply a series of recreation centers and golf courses that those of us who live within Sun City are exclusively authorized to use!

3. SCR

SCR Active Member

All the RCSC doc I’ve read all reference The Corporation. It also spells out every conceivable entity within SunCity And defines ea h and every one of them, but not the CORPORATION

4. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Active Member

Restated Articles of Incorporation

December 1990

Amended November 20, 2003

Click Here for PDF Version of RCSC_Articles_of_Incorporation

Article I
    The name of this Corporation shall be Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc., hereinafter referred to as “Corporation”, and its principal place of business is located in Sun City, Maricopa County, Arizona.

Members of the Corporation shall be limited to homeowners or residents of Sun City, Arizona.

Sun City is all of the area shown on the plan titled “Sun City General Plan, Maricopa County, Arizona” as prepared by the Del E. Webb Development Company and dated July 1972, with subsequent amendments thereto.

5. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

It is an interesting question and discussion FYI. We know it started with one rec center, Community Center (Oakmont) and in 1961 added a second Town Hall (Fairway). Each had their own organization, one without mandatory rec fees, one with. Community Center started with voluntary and lots of folks wouldn't spend the $20 per year to use the facility. When they moved further south, they added a mandatory facilities agreement, no option.

That battle lasted till 1967/68 when the third center, Town Hall South (Mountainview) was going to open. By then the Oakmont center fell far short of the two newer centers and owners around it were grumbling. They literally couldn't use the other two centers except for special events. DEVCO committed to spend some money at Community Center (Oakmont) to update it if the residents voted to sign a facilities agreement. They did by a wide margin.

When Town Hall South (Mountainview) opened the merger of the three facilities was in place and residents could use all three facilities. In 1969 DEVCO headed north of Grand Ave. The hospital was built, the lake was put in and the newest, nicest center to date, Lakeview Rec Center opened. People called it resort-like, and it was. There was a fear they would limit it to people living north of Grand Ave to use. It wasn't the case and it gave rise to the Recreation Centers of Sun City being established. The documents were clear, everything was there for everyone living here who were members.

Interestingly enough, the centers, shortly after completion, were turned over to the community; whichever group was representing the homes near them. In 1968 they merged and became the Sun City Community Association and in 1972 the RCSC. The founding documents over the years evolved to insure the community would always have a voice and in some cases, a voice that-over road the organizational body that was elected to represent them. Then, in the past 15 years, those same documents were changed to strip members of their voice.

Oddly enough, the golf courses stayed under DEVCO's ownership until the company was nearing completion. They wanted the community to take them but owners were nervous they would become a money pit. It took until 1977/1978 for an agreement to be reached, at which point a couple of stipulations were put in place; they had to remain golf courses (for a specified period of time) and they had to remain cost/revenue neutral. You be the judge if that is the case.

Finally, aggie made a comment in another thread and she was dead on right: Sun City is more than just the RCSC. Amen to that. I've always written, Sun City is a sum total of it's parts. There's so much that make us unique, special and an incredible place to live.

Michael Wendel likes this.
  6. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I must agree with BPearson. There's apparently nothing any of us who support Karen can do that hasn't been done or expressed. Obviously, our outrage has failed at every attempt.

We shouldn't give up with our attempt to put the board back in their place but as far as Karen's reinstatement goes, I'm afraid it's up to her too what further actions are required or necessary. Whether she simply runs for the board again or if she seeks legal council, I think we're kinda out of the picture?

7. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Nice article in todays Independent by Karen McAdam.

8. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    OPINIONS
    McAdam: Ousted board member denies RCSC allegations for dismissal in Sun City
    Posted Friday, September 24, 2021 1:00 pm
    By Karen McAdam

Read here: https://www.yourvalley.net/stories/...-allegations-for-dismissal-in-sun-city,260869

This is the piece McAdam responded to.
    OPINIONS
    Lehrer: RCSC shares information on board member termination in Sun City
    Posted Wednesday, September 22, 2021 1:00 pm
    By Dale Lehrer
    Read here: https://www.yourvalley.net/stories/...n-board-member-termination-in-sun-city,260400

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  9. BPearson

This piece in the Independent today by Karen was exceptional and show us all why they gave her the boot. She just was head and shoulders over her peers and they couldn't tolerate her making them look bad. Sadly, it was never about them looking bad, just doing the right thing.

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  10. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

But why was is so necessary to kick her off the board? As has been mentioned in the past, she was merely 1 vote out of 9 and could have simply and easily been outvoted rather than dismissed!

11. Say What

Say What Active Member

I used to have respect for Dale my respect for her is zero she is as phony as the rest of the board it's a damn shame I think everybody is scared to death of the big tub of lard that sits at the Left end of the stage and Mr purple man everybody in between bows to them. I mean every single one of them both men and women. It is an absolute disgrace to the membership of Sun City Arizona to let about a dozen people control multi multi-million dollars that they can spend as they please when they please and sweep the necessities under the rug to hide them for many years without the public even knowing. People don't realize this lake expenditure and this golf course turf reduction has been known for many years that it was going to happen yet nobody paid attention and now it is upon us. We have had people propose things on the long range planning committee that have died because it has taken so long and things still aren't done. Again this is an absolute disgrace! When all these clowns are voted out or removed whichever way it happens a complete audit from top to bottom going back a minimum of 15 years must be done. I believe it's time for the State of Arizona to possibly step in and possibly do an investigation. I can assure you the way things have gone in the last 6 months that there's a lot of dirt that goes back 15 years that probably is very very illegal in regards to the way money has been spent and doled out. They can bring all the security they want but the truth sooner or later is going to come out and that is when security needs to be involved and hold these people accountable for their misdeeds over the years. These people are not above the law these people are not gods these people have been voted in to control our money in a very responsible way. We will find that this has not been done. We will find a lot of dirt. These people will pay hopefully to the fullest extent of the law!

12. BPearson

I have to tell you Say What, if you ever figure how to not hold back on your thoughts, you could become a force to be reckoned with. :)

13. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Member

Aren't there any retired lawyers in Sun City willing to advise us?

14. BPearson

Sad thing here is we used to have a legal committee as one of the standing committees in the by-laws. That was the first committee the gm did away with when she started making all the changes to the documents. It was a pretty active group and as you can well imagine, with former attorneys and judges, they were never short on opinions.

Michael Wendel likes this.
  15. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Member

Unbelievable, that Eck has single handedly managed to pull the wool over the BOD eyes for her entire career as the GM of Sun City. Obviously as stated in other threads getting the BOD to change the AI's & Bylaws along telling them that this would make their job easier has only made her job easier because she has eliminated having to ask the BOD for permission on many things. Now...we have to live with all of her decisions. Sickening. When we finally vote in a new BOD with minds that really care about what's going on here, we can start to restore the AIs & Bylaws as they were intended by Del Webb. I can't wait for the elections. *Funny thing here is that this BOD will eventually return to be just plain ol' residents like we are and their actions while on the BOD now will have consequences for years to come and will compromise their Sun City lives as well. Dumb.

eyesopen likes this.
  16. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

So....who do you think had the bright idea to make Members show their membership cards to attend a board meeting?

Who are the non-members who would attend that they're afraid of?

And...are they really trying to keep non-members out or are they recording who's attending so that they can start a file for future suspension?