Sun City West Questions

Discussion in 'Sun City Phoenix (Original), West & Grand - Arizon' started by bmac007, Mar 9, 2013.

1. bmac007

bmac007 Member

I have been looking on line at condos in Sun City and Sun City West. Do you have to pay a $2500 preservation fee to purchase in Sun City West? I have been checking the spot crime map and it seems like they have less crime there. Also, do the planes from Luke AFB fly more over Sun City West than Sun City? Thanks so much.

2. Ironman

Ironman New Member

Great Questions?

We are also looking at places in both locations and these are excellent questions. Can anyone provide some insight into some of the major differences in the two locations?

3. wizfourfam

wizfourfam New Member

We are new to SCW. Yes, you will have to pay the $2500 capital preservation fee (used to fund major rec center capital improvements) when you purchase in SCW. Do not know about Sun City. I believe this is due to increase July 1 ($3000.00)

Yes, the jets fly over the whole west valley. We signed paperwork when we purchased our home that states we are in the Luke AFB flight pattern. They fly at various times, not every day, sometimes at night. We lived near an AFB in Michigan, not as busy (not a training facility), it really doesn't bother us. As hubby says, "go get em guys......small price to pay for freedom". We think the jets are fun to watch.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I too like "The Sound of Freedom".

Sun City has a buy in fee.

As far as comparing any of the Sun Cities, I have heard various stories.
    Homes in Sun City cost less than the other Sun Cities.

The original Sun City has more amenities and the lowest annual fee than any Sun City in the country!!!!

I definitely love living in "my" Sun City.

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I suggest you go online to Sun City Arizona Visitor Center and request an information packet.
    It will tell you everything you would ever want to know.
    You can also view the information online.

Hey! ADMIN how about a special place for them.
    Maybe something like you plan for the Posse.

6. Sulley007

Sulley007 New Member

Where the information be found so Admin can add it to the site?