Sun City Golf

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by bmac007, Jun 21, 2013.

1. bmac007

bmac007 Member

I love golf... when I come out to Sun City I want to play a lot. What are the best courses I should play or any recommendations about the golf there would be appreciated.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

I don't golf any more bmac, but when I did there were more options than I can begin to list. In Sun City alone we have 8 courses and there are a variety of options for paying for them. For the wildly avid, $1500 buys you a full play pass that allows you to golf every day, all day. There's a card where you can get a reduced cost that's a little over $700 and the rate on a daily basis varies based on high or low season. Of course there's the rate for residents that varies as well and I think it just under $30 a round for 18 holes. And of course our executive courses are less and the summer month rates are really low.

For those who need a little more upscale setting, there are three private country clubs within the walls. Sun City Country Club is in phase 1; Palmbrook Country Club in phase 2 and Union Hills Country Club in phase 3. Each has a variety of membership levels and each is looking for new members as less people are both playing golf and joining clubs like these. I might mention here that both Sun City West and Sun City Grand have several fun courses you might want to try.

Admittedly, none of our courses are of championship caliber. They are nice courses at great prices but for those who look to challenge themselves with truly tough courses they often leave the walls. The West Valley and Phoenix as a whole has an abundance of awesome courses. Your best bet is to try them during the summer when rates are low and getting on them is easy. I know there used to be a package you could buy to try them at good rates and GolfNow is a great resource.

Finally for an interesting look back at golf pricing from those early Sun City days compared to today, here is a fascinating piece in did on my old SunCitiesToday blog.

3. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Exactly what I was looking for about sun city golfing!! That piece you did is interesting... Perfect.. Thanks again!!