Somebody please tell me it ain't so...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jan 27, 2020.

1. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

IC, I have yet find the coveted "deed restrictions" anywhere in the SC archives of property maps or registrations. I know there has been much replatting, but dang, they should be somewhere to read so the exact wording can be extracted. I know I have looked several times, and just do not find any recorded deeds with restrictions on them. The only things I find are the original property plats, the re-plats and the locations of the golf courses. I have also given up on finding the same for the executive course as well. Trust me, there is only so much of this legalese one can read before ones eyes roll to the back of their head.

2. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

CM, I remember finding the deeds and restrictions on the MC Recorders website many moons ago (circa when we were ramping up the DP pressure and pushing to have the QR course made a park -- remember, we targeted QR because the deed restriction was placed on it by the RCSC, not Del Webb -- thus it would be easier to remove in court.) Anyway, as I recall the search was a tedious process. Nonetheless, I spent some time on the recorder's site last night and found the deeds w/restrictions for most of the rec centers, the pro shops, and the deed transferring the bulk of the courses from the Trust Company to the RCSC, but the restriction isn't in that document (https://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdo...c=19770148984&pg=1&cls=RecorderDocuments&suf=). Backtracking, DW deeded the courses to the Trust 12/31/74 (https://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdo...c=19740314173&pg=1&cls=RecorderDocuments&suf=) but the restrictions aren't there either and I stopped there. If I find time later today I'll continue following the trail.

3. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

IC, you are doing a phenomenal job of tracking as you got further than I did. I got as far as the trusts and threw my hands in the air and said to myself "self, there ain't no stinking deed restrictions on this ground" and dropped it. You are an amazing investigative resource. I still never saw deed restrictions on anything that resembles a golf course for "Perpetuity". I think it is another one of those off the cuff sayings the GM has come up with to keep the paeans quiet.