Shark Tank

Discussion in 'Talk of Television' started by admin, Nov 17, 2012.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

There is a great show on Friday nights that I think is great called Shark Tank. The series is based on the Sony Pictures Television International format Dragons' Den and features a panel of entrepreneurs and business executives called "Sharks" who consider offers from other entrepreneurs seeking investments for their business or product. The series is produced by Mark Burnett in conjunction with Sony and has been compared to the ABC series American Inventor.[SUP][/SUP]

The show includes a panel of potential investors. Two of the panel members, Robert Herjavec and Kevin O'Leary, have also appeared on the Canadian show, Dragons' Den. Other past and present members of the panel include: Barbara Corcoran, Daymond John, Kevin Harrington, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, comedian Jeff Foxworthy and Lori Greiner.

Shark Tank Season 1 premiered on Sunday, August 9, 2009 and aired fourteen episodes through January 2010. In August 2010 it was renewed for a second season. Season 2 premiered with a “sneak peek” episode on Sunday, March 20, 2011 before resuming its regular Friday night time slot on March 25, 2011. Season 2 had nine episodes, five of them featuring new panel members. Comedian Jeff Foxworthy[SUP][/SUP] and Mark Cuban replaced panel member Kevin Harrington for three episodes.[SUP][/SUP]

Shark Tank's third season premiered Friday, January 20, 2012.[SUP] [/SUP][SUP][/SUP]Kevin Harrington was replaced by Mark Cuban, and the "Queen of QVC" Lori Greiner filled in for Barbara Corcoran on four episodes. On February 27, 2012, ABC ordered two additional episodes for Season 3 using un-aired footage which brings the season's episode total to 15.[SUP][/SUP] On May 10, 2012, Shark Tank was renewed for a fourth season, consisting of 24 episodes.[SUP][/SUP] This is the first time the series has received a full season order.[SUP] [/SUP]Lori Greiner has confirmed that she will be a regular on Season Four,[SUP] [/SUP]which began filming on June 30, 2012.[SUP][/SUP]

In July 2012 the show was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in the Outstanding Reality Program category.[SUP][/SUP]

2. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Thanks for the Shark Tank recommendation. Caught it last week for the first time and it was fascinating. I thought the gift-wrapping guy would be snapped up since he already showed that it was sold out on HSN or some other home shopping network. That young woman with her sugar scrub was amazingly intelligent and so well informed I couldn't believe her age. I hope the guys trying to get people to eat that invasive fish will somehow find success.....