Selling the Compound...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jun 16, 2018.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Hell, we've gone this far, you might as well get the full nickle tour. Herc's the laundry room behind the garage. It was open to the garage but we closed it off with french doors. We've added a mini-split for heat and air conditioning that does a nice job. Rather than using it as some might, we went to Neil's (they do a great job at a really good price on garage cabinet's) and had them fill the space on both sides of the room. It's worked out well for us, but who knows what the new owner might want to do with the space.

IMG_0854 (002).jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. BPearson

The garage has tons of storage also with any number of cabinet's that we have filled with stuff and junk. Yikes. Sunday we went into the additional storage space next to the screen porch and started separating the good, the bad and the ugly. We have a pile to be picked up for the junk yard, and room has never looked better.

IMG_0855 (002).jpg

3. Tim Nixon

Tim Nixon New Member

The pictures dont do justice to this home. If you have ever been inside this home you know what I am talking about. This home is awesome!

4. BPearson

As i was posting these pictures, all i could keep thinking about was that point in Vegas when i told my wife; "it's perfect, there's nothing we need to do to it." OMG, did i really say that?

The reality is, like every house, it always needs some kind of a personal touch. It can be as small as an area rug or just the right picture on the wall. It can be new furniture or a remodel from the studs up. Doesn't really matter, because in the end, you want it to be right for you. In truth, we've put more into the house we are selling it for. That's okay, because we got years and years of enjoyment from it. My wife pays amazing attention to detail. She knows what she wants and it shows in the results.

This house is too big for most looking to downsize. The adobe Santa Fe won't appeal to everyone, the cost too high, the colors wrong or whatever other reason they may have. This entire exercise was a far more different experiment than trying to sell it. On the other hand, most who have been inside have loved it. We've listed it with Tim and Amy Nixon, it's there job to sell it. My effort here was to see if there was interest in seeing inside someone's dreams; of following a story of the trials and tribulations of a retirement life filled with remodeling. Heck, that's a Sun City story that has been in existence from near on the beginning of the community.

Obviously there has been, with now over 700 reads, it's been a successful effort. It's always been a goal of mine to tell the Sun City story in differing ways. This thread proves, housing is just another of those options that potential buyers are curious about. I'll follow up on that in a new thread, but for now let me leave you with this thought: It really doesn't matter what the square footage is, if you are on one of the lakes, a golf course or in a garden court apartment. It's all just the place you hang your hat when you go to sleep at night. What matters most is you find Sun City and find your place in the sun.

Thanks for following.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Tim Nixon likes this.
  5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I will be driving by your house again today on my way to the library.
    This time I just might turn down you street and make a uturn to get a look at the west side.

Tim Nixon likes this.
  6. BPearson

Way cool, peg drove by while I was working in the yard and stopped to introduce herself and say hi. Had our first showing today but the house was too big for them. Bummer.

7. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

It was a pleasure meeting you.

8. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Why aren’t you taking your solar with you? Many people do when they move.

9. BPearson

We have it on the other house as well.

10. BPearson

I didn't either E. My guess is that is only true on one you own outright. And even then, not sure if you moved it to a different house you would qualify for the grandfather clause from APS. Cynthia?

This thread continues to amaze me as the numbers just keep growing. Little doubt a home section featruring Sun City properties free from Realtors trying to sell you something wouldn't be a smash success.

11. Cynthia

I don't know about the leased ones but I have read from people on Nextdoor who moved their owned ones. I doubt you'd get the grandfather clause...any reason to not give that. Moving them is certainly cheaper than buying a new system, especially if they are not very old.

12. BPearson

Spot on C, it appears APS is doing everything in their poser to try and get systems out of the grandfather clause. Our Realtor told us the other day if there is any break in service they will drop the grandfather clause. Consequently at point of sale, the transition need be seamless.

13. BPearson

Nope, just getting it ready for it's first coming out party. We did a "pocket listing," which means it is only being shown by Tempus agents. For now, there is no sign or MLS listing. On Thursday of this week, the Nixon's will host a wine and cheese party here for the agents in their office. We aren't in a hurry, but if the right buyer comes along we would act on it. Just been cleaning it up with some needed touches and it will show better.

Pocket listings are seldom good for the buyer, it limits the potential client base. We already have a small base of potential buyers, but the reason we went with Tempus is they have 60 some agents and sell the majority of homes sold in Sun City. We' ll see how things go on Thursday, how well received it is and then decide on how to proceed.

14. Cynthia

You didn’t go with the never sell in the Arizona summer edict. I bought mid June though.

15. BPearson

Nope, the last month sales from the PIF showed nearly 250 homes sold in May. June will be down a bit but the inventory is next to nothing, especially in larger more expensive properties. It reminds me of selling in January in Minnesota; those out looking are real buyers, not lookers.

16. Cynthia

Yes, I’ve received several calls and a few letters asking if I want to sell. Even from a neighbor looking for a friend. Of course that's typical when you own a house. I get them in LA too, always have. But I received very few in SC until recent months.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  17. BPearson

When is your actual move here for real date C?

18. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I bought in JULY!
    While I was still in the state of Washington, I was in contact with an agent who sent me listings.
    When I got to Arizona he showed me places but I purchased my condo thru a friend of my son.
    Needless to say, other agent was not happy.

I am also getting calls from agents.

19. Cynthia

As of now, the first week in January. Could change by a week or so depending on my friend's schedule who's helping me move. I'm going to lean in by moving during the good weather season.

20. BPearson

Way cool C. Brings back so many memories of those last few months before we could finally move here. We bought in July of 99 and moved here in May of 03. Paid no attention to the summer heat, we just marveled at the idea of seeing the sun every day. I would venture to say that first year was the best. Every day was a new adventure with the entire community in front of us just waiting to be tried. Damn, it doesn't get better than that.