Renters ccr

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Julianna, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Julianna

Julianna Member

Hello everyone,
    I've been away from this page too long. We've been slowly moving my parents down to Sun City and are very excited for them. My mom was concerned about something she read in the Sun City newspaper. Regarding the New covenants trying to be changed. she read something about outbuildings and servants quarters and nobody being able to rent for more than 29 days. I told her I would ask to set her mind at ease thank you!

2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The change in the CC&Rs was aimed at short term rentals of less than 29 days such as AirBNB. Not to worry about long term rentals. There have always been restrictions about outbuildings and you should contact SCHOA if you have questions.

3. Adam560

Adam560 Member

The article in the Independent was incorrect. It said that the change being considered to limit rentals could not be more than 29 days. It should have stated less than 29 days.

The purpose would be to address the problems caused by short term rentals which can become party houses and cause other problems such as under age occupants, etc:

4. Julianna

Julianna Member

Thank you so much!
    That's exactly what I thought it was addressing airbnb's. I appreciate this group and all of you a lot!