RCSC Buying Buildings

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by John Fast, Apr 28, 2024.

1. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

If that is the case, and RCSC decides to go through with the purchase, they should have the correct zoning be guaranteed as a condition of the sale. Also, the majority of the money shouldn't change hands until the process is complete. Surely the Board is working with an attorney knowledgeable and experienced in these type of dealings. Good intentions and enthusiasm aren't sufficient for this.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    eyesopen likes this.
  2. John Fast

John Fast Well-Known Member

I believe I heard one of the Board members communicate that they had engaged a real estate attorney. However, I believe the Board should demonstrate a clear need and plan before proceeding. An attorney is only going to tell you how to consummate a transaction. It is up to the governing body to determine whether and why to enter into one.

eyesopen, Linduska and Janet Curry like this.
  3. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

From Long Range Planning Committee
    May 14, 2024 Meeting Summary
    One of the New Business items:

Purchase of Property at 111th and Thunderbird: Several considerations are being looked at in the decision making of the purchase of the property including:

• The cost of fixing water damage and other damage that may have been caused by non-occupancy.

• Use of the space and cost to renovate.

• Future cost to maintain the facility

• Parking space renovations.

• What might go in there if RCSC does not buy the property (community consideration).

Full four page summary:
    https://suncityaz.org/wp-content/up...ng-Range-Planning-Committee-Summary-final.pdf

Janet Curry and John Fast like this.
  4. John Fast

OK - I hope this does not embarrass her, but Candy Ruggerio does a phenomenal job of participating in the meeting and accurately reporting out. I have always been really impressed by the quality of representatives on this committee and their commitment to the community! I hope you read the summary as it is excellent.

5. We didn’t miss an opportunity on the Lakes Club, the lease was up on the nursing school and Lakes was offered for sale. The Board went through the kabuki theater of trying to buy the building ( land not included). We later found out that the school signed a new 20 years lease, consequently we couldn’t purchase.
    Bill was on the Board at the time as was myself so he knows that RCSC didn’t miss out, the Lakes real estate agent led us down a primrose path and then sprung the lease renewal on us. I personally believe he knew the lease renewal all the time. Another example of the business ethics in the SW that would in Chicago, have your body end up in the trunk of a Volvo in the O’Hare remote lot with two caps in you.

Emily Litella and Janet Curry like this.
  6. John Fast

Thanks for sharing the real story of the Lakes club story. I have always found that the purchase of real estate involves the "Thrill of the Hunt" and "Buyers Remorse" in equal proportions. The larger the thrill of the hunt is the larger the buyer's remorse is likely to be. I continue to argue firmly against this transaction.

Emily Litella and Janet Curry like this.