Question about eating in the cafes in the Original Sun City Rec Centers

Discussion in 'Sun City Phoenix (Original), West & Grand - Arizon' started by Emily Litella, May 31, 2013.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I doubt that a Rec Card is necessary to eat in restaurants in Sun City but will check it out to make sure.
    You are an interesting poster "Emily".

3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Hey Emily. Both restaurants in the bowling alleys are open to the public...no rec card needed. Also the golf courses have snack shops and those too are open to the public. FYI, all of the above have wifi available free of charge.

A little history: At one time the restaurants were owned and operated by the RCSC. Today there are lease arrangements in place though the golf course snack shops are still run by the RCSC. They do go on very reduced hours, being closed shortly after noon.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

The Lakeview Cafe recently had a Grand Re-Opening.

And, yes, they are open to the public as another poster said.

They have 99 cent coffee with purchase of breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Private Banquet Room is available for up to 60 people.
    That's good for me to know as social chairman for my condo association.

I just called them and there is no charge for room.

They have daily dinner specials for $5.99.

I will stop by and check out the price range for lunches.

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

The little café at the Bell center is very good and very reasonable. I do hope you stop in Emily on your next trip.

6. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Thanks.. will try when in town next...

7. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Eating in the little golf course snack shops is quite delightful. Although there is a limited menu, you usually will have a better view than at any of the fast food places with similar fare. I especially recommend them for breakfast as you can get eggs cooked to order and the prices are comparable to other breakfast places. I go there to support Sun City and to keep our money circulating within RCSC. We almost lost them to vending machines a few years back and I'm so glad that didn't happen. My favorite one is by Oakmont Rec, North Golf Course at 12650 N. 107th Ave., across from Fry's supermarket. You can eat al fresco at any of them, but at this one you look out at the golf course and to the right is a putting green, so you get a little something to watch while eating. Planes from Luke can be seen crossing overhead and farther to the northwest, are the original model homes of Sun City. When the weather is hot, the misters go on to make the experience all the more refreshing. Menus for the 5 snack shops are available at
    sunaz.com/snack-shops/ I heard there will be renovations at the North location that will cut hours, so always call first so you won't be disappointed.

8. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

NO link to sunaz.com/snack-shops/
    guess I will have to find it myself.

9. suncityjack

sunaz.com/snack-shops/ is the way it is written in the memo from RCSC. Just clip and paste and it will work.

10. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

What do you mean peg? no link. it worked for me. copy and paste sunaz.com/snack-shops into your browser. or maybe I don't understand what you meant

11. AnMay2013

AnMay2013 New Member

You do not need a Rec Card to eat at them. Memos has some nice lunches!!

12. Fiona

Fiona New Member

If you feel like going off our reservation, there is a beautiful little café/restaurant up 107th to Happy Valley, turn left and go all the way up to Vistancia/Trilogy. It is called The Grill and they have a decent chef up there. I took my neighbor for a ride and we stopped in for lunch and the corn chowder is fantastic. A bit more spendy up there for dinners but the setting on that golf course is wonderful and the ambiance as well.

13. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

The SC Visitor Center and Bell library have wi-fi.
    And I think it is available at the Rec Centers.
    BP - Help! Am I correct?

14. suncityjack

Your turn of phrase cracked me up Fiona. Yes, we have so much in SC, but are also surrounded by so much too.
    Within SC some don't realize that Royal Oaks has a wonderful little cafe that is open to anyone. Their dining room is just for their residents, but anyone can eat at their Acorn Grill. It's nothing fancy, but pleasant and surely a step up from the chains. Their hours are 7-7 Mon-Sat., but on Sun. it closes at 1. What I like about it is that when the weather is pleasant, you can dine al fresco in a little area that borders their walking pool and a grassy area. You just place your order at the counter and then you can pick it up when ready or they will bring it to you. No tipping. Seattle's Best coffee, some baked goods, changing menu with some very interesting specials. Give it a try. Will be interested to hear what you think.

15. Fiona

Fiona New Member

I had the pleasure of visiting Royal Oaks not too long ago and loved the look of the little café. The place feels like a resort. If we have the chance, we will stop and give it a try.

The Grill in the Trilogy development also sits right on the golf course and you can dine on the patio when the weather is decent. There are so many places near us it is hard to hit them all. But we must try.

16. suncityjack

Westbrook Village has a restaurant overlooking a golf course too with a particularly unobstructed water view--no blacktop parking lots, etc. Hope that any plans for re-doing golf course cafes in SC will include some repositioning for some of them to maximize great views. It's funny to me how the cute pro shop with 360 degree views at Lakes East/West isn't a cafe instead. Think at least one of the RCSC golf courses needs to capitalize on a scenic location so the facility could be rented for weddings and dances and such. No reason to not bring in the bucks to help our RCSC instead of having to rent the facilities at Sun City Country Club, Palmbrook,or Union Hills, although I don't mind supporting SCCC since they invite SC residents to dine there without the required membership of the other two.

17. suncityjack

Yes, and it's now called George's Lakeview Cafe. I wonder if it still has any connection to JiMichaels....
    The Summer Hours are M-Sat 7 a.m.-8 p.m. and Sun. 7 a.m.-6 p.m. and their phone number is 623.876.3057
    When it was run by the other folks they used to have someone make a tray of the best cheesecake in the world. It was a family recipe from one of their staff. I wish they would track her down!