Praise the Lord, maybe they will get it right.

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

I suspect that most of us living here don't spend much time reading minutes from the RCSC committee meetings. I can's say i blame anyone for that, so when i tell you i rarely go there, i'm being kind. I did this morning though and imagine my surprise when i clicked on the link for the long range planning committee's minutes.

There's been at least one thread during the year where we chuckled over how fast those meetings have finished. I think the record was somewhere around 15 minutes, which makes one wonder just how seriously the RCSC was taking this newly (re)formed committee.

Just for the nuts of it i scrolled to the bottom of the page to see if they set another land speed record for the gathering in December. Nope, a full hour was allocated, which was a good start. But the best was yet to come. I read the recorders comments and damned if i wasn't delighted to see that is appears they are beginning to take the purpose of the committee's role seriously.

Rather than explain, i will post below the meetings summary:
    The Committee discussed the Ad-Hoc Committee for Mountain View and a sign-up
    sheet was distributed for members interested in serving on future committees.

A suggestion was made that each Center could be represented by a Committee Member who would collect information specific to that center.

A lengthy discussion ensued regarding the need to establish purpose, goal and direction of the committee and how to best make recommendations about the future direction of RCSC.

The desirability of having criteria based on numbers to help Directors and Committee Members arrive at well informed decisions regarding the improvement and direction of Sun City was acknowledged and discussed. As a result of this discussion, a motion was made and unanimously passed that the Committee recommend that the RCSC Board of Directors direct the administration to begin collecting club attendance numbers and club usage numbers in 2019 as a necessary component of decision making for both the Board of Directors and the LRP Committee.

Two quick thoughts: Seems to me this would/should have been the first order of business when the committee was formed. Second, while it is a little late to the party, kudos for getting on the right path so this committee can do it's job.

Here's the link to the minutes. If you look further, you will see a date has not been set for the next meeting, nor has a committee chair or co-chair been announced yet.

2. GCotten

GCotten Member

Possibly I am confused.......RCSC has been and continues to collect club addendance and useage numbers and presents it to the Board every month for at least 3 years that I am aware of and all for the same purpose as stated. Is the motion for something different than what has been occurring?

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The information has been/and is collected but RCSC management has refused to share it with Member Communications and Long Range Planning. For years both committees have asked for data collected from the new owner questionnaires and club records but the reply was either it was too much work to put in report form or the information just wouldn't be released.

4. GCotten

GCotten Member

Aggie....I recall some of those discussions from the Communication Committee to include some from other meetings. I think we have two sources of info being discussed....one being club numbers and usage which is supplied to the Board and information from the new owner questionaires which I don't think is reported to the Board. The solutions are actually simple which really requires no extra work on RCSC management or staff. One is simply give a copy of the monthly club report to the committee and the other is to simply give the questionaires to the committee after RCSC management has reviewed them. I am sure that the committee would be more than happy to categorize the information from the questionaires on a monthly basis for their own use. If management believes there is confidential info on the questionaires then change the questionnaire. If there is confidential info on the card then the issue really is no different regardless what entity under the RCSC management/board umbrella sees it. The Board, Committees, staff and management are basically all serving corporate in one way or the other.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019