Possible Covid-19 Exposure

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Say What, Oct 30, 2021.

1. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Let's at least agree that some people do have legitimate and real reasons not get vaccinated, whether it's a real concern about a reaction too which many have died from the shot, or religious.

I, for one, will not demand someone get vaccinated if they truly believe it may do more harm than good,....but that's just me!

2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

A bit of information to those that may not get emails from the Maricopa County Library System. Maricopa County Health Department is offering free self-test COVID kits and they are available at our libraries in Sun City. If you are experiencing symptoms, they request that you phone in first so they can be handed to you in your vehicle to avoid possible exposure. Each kit contains 2 tests and they request that you report any positive results to your primary physician. I asked if they had a limited supply and they said that the County would continue to re-stock. We haven't used ours but handy to have if the need arises.

Edited to add: No library card needed. This is the BinaxNow 15 minute antigen test.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    carptrash likes this.
  3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Arizona is still in the battle for #1 in COVID cases and deaths. Today's very sad report according to AZDHS: State Cases 2180 State Deaths: 124 / Maricopa County Cases: 1210 County Deaths: 54

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I'll make a leap and guess that the possible positive COVID person is the candidate missing from the last two Candidate Forums. This candidate was at the 10/28 Board Meeting doing a meet & greet while maskless and I'm relieved that I didn't personally interact with this person. Am I wrong? Will we ever know? Why are we not given more specific information? This is serious.

I hope I'm wrong but if I'm correct, this whole incident was handled so badly.

carptrash likes this.
  5. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Oh, Arizona made it to #1 in transmission of COVID. This reported by Johns Hopkins this morning. Maricopa County is holding its own by being #2 County in the US for number of cases and number of deaths. What a welcome for our winter visitors.

carptrash likes this.
  6. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Question:

The government wants people who don't get vaccinated to lose their jobs. Should people currently receiving welfare checks and food stamps who refuse to get vaccinated lose those entitlements as well?

Just ask'n!

7. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

Interesting and alarming.
    The RCSC Board pushed an alert Sunday, Oct. 31st, advising FACE MASKS MANDATORY AT BOTH FORUMS, Monday, Nov. 1st and Wednesday, Nov. 3rd.
    NO face masks were required at the Board meeting on Monday, Nov. 8th.
    Why? Incubation time met? Oct. 28 - Nov. 7 was 10 days!!
    If indeed there was potential Covid 19 exposure at the Oct. 28th board meeting to the candidate who missed BOTH Forums or anyone else, the board needed to include that in their alert!
    The board has previously advised Members when there were other possible exposures. If they chose not to this time because it may involve a candidate, that’s unacceptable!! They wouldn’t have to identify other than “someone in attendance.”
    Another “pick and choose” example…

OneDayAtATime likes this.
  8. Say What

Say What Active Member

I absolutely agree with you and hope they force them to do it. A majority of them are white and live in the South. A good percentage are black and this would be the best thing for their community nation wide.

9. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

No, not unless everyone is required to.

10. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Sure, after all politicians are required to get shots, then move on to these unfortunates.

11. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Nobody seems to care that thousands of illegal aliens are being secretly shipped in the middle of the night to various states who haven't been vaccinated?

Let them keep on mandating and forcing people to comply or lose their jobs. It won't be long before your Social Security check won't be held back until you get the shot!

12. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

And I remember when United Nations troops, mostly Pakistanis, were seen railroading through Northern Michigan.