oops....

Discussion in 'Sun City New Members' started by archer, Jul 7, 2013.

1. archer

archer New Member

I have already posted so perhaps I should say hi to all the forum members. I'm archer.....not my name, it's what I do. Although I think my archery days are over after recent rotator cuff surgery.

We are snow birds......live in Colorado in the summer, Sun City in the winter.....I think we are going on our 5th winter in Sun City....and we love it! I can't say we would have chosen Sun City if we hadn't inherited a house there.....after renting it for many years, a particularly snowy winter convinced us to try living there ourselves. Where we live in Colorado, at 8500 feet, is prone to frequent and deep snowfalls, up to 5-7 feet, so escaping to Arizona became very appealing. Now....well, we can't imagine being anyplace else....we have good friends, good neighbors, and of course good weather.....

I hope to get to know the forum members here on-line...and learn more about our winter home.....

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Hey Archer, great to see you found us. Lots of great threads an no political stupid. Nice.

When are you coming home?

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Welcome, Archer, to TOSC.
    It is a very informative armchair place to visit.
    Or would it be desk chair?

Even tho it is warm (hot!!) here in the summer, it really isn't too bad.

How does a person survive 5-7 feet of snow?
    I'm from the state of Washington and 2 feet was bad enough.

4. archer

archer New Member

Thanks for the welcome BPearson and pegmih..... I was happy to find a message board not over run with political rhetoric.

3 to 5 feet of snow i s manageable with a plow peg, our 7 footer came in 2003 and that required hiring some heavy equipment to clear our road.... It was 8 days before we were dug out..I don't want to do that again! ...

We did spend one summer in Sun City, in 2010 for medical reasons, we just arent used to that kind of heat. It rarely gets above 75 where we are.

Come November we will be back in Sun City enjoying the winter weather there. Best of both world, it works for us now, but eventually Arizona will be home.

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

November will be here before we blink. I can't wait for our lovely balmy winters. Welcome to the site archer. We have a few Co folks in our clay club and always look forward to their return.