OMG...now what is going on?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jun 7, 2021.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

I might just be losing my mind here but i opened the latest sets of plans for Mountainview and i see they have come up with an alternative that looks like they are removing the lawn bowling, pickleball, tennis and mini-golf. This will allow them more parking and flow and keeping the existing pool open for at least part of the construction.

It appears as if it just an alternate proposal for consideration and there will be a large tract of land available where they are proposing a state of the art ada compliant mini- golf course. I assume there's room for other stuff but there is no mention of any thing else.

Curious on people's thoughts on it?

2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Once again the plans are baffling. Maybe they will be clearer when explained at the June 14th meeting. Looks like there will be no rush because the future of the construction has been dealt the first setback in that nothing will go forward in planning until at least January 2022.

3. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

"Maybe" A big word, always laden with all sorts of under tones.

4. BPearson

I saw the proposal to hold off on moving forward till 2022. The logic is solid, in that lumber costs have skyrocketed. That said, how much lumber is being used? More to the point, have you read the USGA report from this year? Here is a link. Troubling other than it looks like we may have some time to work out details. Then of course the bigger question is; when will we know about the lake and what the state is going to make us do with it?

I too did lots of head scratching as i looked at their alternative plan. Frankly, it makes sense other than for the sporting clubs that for at least in the interim they have nothing in the plans other than an ADA compliant mini=golf. The whole thing is pretty bizarre and there appears to be more questions than answers. Yup, the June 14th meeting may help answer some of the questions...or it may become even more cloudy.

5. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I haven't given it a whole lot of thought since I don't think our opinions really matter much anyway, but after seeing the article in the paper about all that underground parking that Royal Oaks is putting in, I can't help but wonder why the heck do we have to have so much blacktop acreage....

6. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

From what I've read, underground parking is the most expensive to build, multistory above ground is second, and ground level the cheapest. Elevated or underground could cost 5+ million just for the parking garage? Now you know why Royal Oaks is so expensive.

7. BPearson

And frankly from the reports i hear, they have more money than they know what to do with.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  8. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

I think the more pressing question is...where do the Players go to do their performances once they start demolishing Mountain View? There are, at least, other pickleball courts located else ware, but where do the Players go for the 2-3 years it's going to take to complete Mountain View?

9. BPearson

It would take a juggling act, but i'm not sure why Sun Dial wouldn't work? It's exactly why the Lakes Club made perfect sense to me. No it wouldn't have been the drop dead gorgeous facility they are proposing in the future but would have been seamless, center of the community and more than a comfortable and adequate space right on the lake.