Moving Van lines

Discussion in 'Contractors and Services' started by CarolinaTransplant, Oct 9, 2014.

1. CarolinaTransplant

CarolinaTransplant New Member

Can anyone recommend a particular cross country van lines based on your own experience with them? I hope to be coming to Sun City by early part of 2015 from North Carolina. My name is Cathy

2. BruceW

BruceW Active Member

Hi Cathy,

We are not in Sun City yet, but working towards it.
    16 years ago I was involved in a corporate move from CA to CO and the company used United Van Lines.
    They did a nice job overall and arrived right when we needed them.
    We did have some minor damage to a cabinet that they took care of.
    As I said that was many years ago, but we were happy with their service.

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

When I moved from the state of Washington, I checked out several moving van companies.
    They were all very, very, expensive. Also I have heard of people "losing" items.

I arranged to get a U-Haul. Neighbors helped me load it and my son drove it to Arizona.
    I did not have an entire houseful of furniture and could have gotten by with my car pulling a truck.

I'll bet "Emily" on this forum will have good information since she moved from that area.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Just curious as to your last 2 sentences.
    In what way were you wrong?

5. LAPPY50

LAPPY50 Super Moderator

Most of the major movers are the same. It depends on the Driver and his crew. We have moved with almost all of the majors. Allied, Mayflower, United etc.
    Mayflower I feel was one of the better moves and it was a 1500 mile move. You need to interview a couple of different movers.

Good luck!

6. CarolinaTransplant

CarolinaTransplant New Member

Thanks everyone - you all were helpful and I appreciate the input

7. 5thd

5thd Member

When I drove from PA, I did 500miles a day that was my limit.