Merry Christmas Sun City

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Dec 25, 2019.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Hey gang: Another of those periods where no one writes anything anymore. Cool, cause i am reading way more than writing myself. Learning never ends, until we do eh?

Merry Christmas to all.

2. sussea

sussea Member

Merry Christmas everyone!

3. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Bill as well as all of the other avid readers of the TOSC.

As for the new year, what spine tingling adventures do you feel await us? The complete abdication of power to the GM, and a motion to remove the BOD? Just throwing it out there to see if we get any commentary from the sidelines. We are about there anyways, right?

Hope everyone had a fantastic day, look to hear from more in the future.

4. BPearson

Thanks to both S and C for their responses. Guess everyone else is a Grinch. Might just be time for another self-imposed hiatus eh?

5. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Please Bill, no hiatus. Your stories are truly remarkable and capture the attention of many, even if they are not responding right now. Perhaps they are out of town for the holiday and cannot get to a computer to answer. I, for one, rely on your input and reflections, especially the historic pieces. I can't stop you, I can only kindly ask, as I am doing now.

6. BPearson

Thanks for the nice thoughts Carole. There's so many stories and so little time. Ben is doing a great job writing a bi-monthly for the Independent and they are well worth the read. My ramblings come more from the inspirations of those before us. They knew they were the ones that would/could make a difference. They understood they were the owners, not the paid help of the RCSC. Nope, nothing against their (the staff's) efforts, they simply become shortsighted and blinded by their own biases. It's why bigger picture Sun City was more successful than small picture Sun City. The community is so much more than the RCSC. The community at large understood that, not so much the organization.

Rusty Bradshaw will have a lengthy piece in the Independent next week on the first 60 years. He was looking for some lead pictures from the early years and i brought him the first brochure from 1960. There was an artist rendering in color that was different than anything i have seen before, but it wouldn't work for the paper. Anyway, i started reading it and was once again captivated by how damn good the DEVCO add guys were in painting the picture in ones mind about living here. Words are so powerful, so compelling when done right.

I just might be the world's slowest typist, but for the heck of it, maybe i'll start a thread using the brochure's own words to help folks understand how and why we were successful.