Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Dec 25, 2021.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Taking a break from the craziness we all witnessed in 2020 and then again in 2021 seems like a really good idea. I know for myself, not a big holiday kind of guy, i am almost always happiest when they are over. That said, the serenity that can be found this time of year is there if we just look.

I was toying with an all encompassing piece on 2022, but i will save that for New Year's day and simply wish all of you the very best for the end of 2021. Enjoy your family, your friends or simply the peace you find in a life well lived. The fact you found Sun City and are enjoying all it has to offer is a blessing unto itself.

2. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Same to you and yours.

I consider this our Christmas truce period. We will gather our thoughts and strengths and prepare ourselves for the challenges of the coming year.

We will make Sun City great again!

Say What, suncityjack and eyesopen like this.
  3. Carol

Carol Member

I am glad I found this site and have enjoyed everybody's comments the last few months and all of BP's history lessons! I wish everyone a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year in 2022! :) When do I become an active member??

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  4. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Aw shucks, wanted to send y'all a SC Xmassy pic but guess the uploading for pics doesn't work any more unless you can give a URL....Too bad:(

Say What likes this.
  5. Say What

Say What Active Member

Merry Christmas to all! Thanks to everyone for all your knowledge and thank you Carol for all your research and again I was so wrong not knowing how messed up this system has been for many years and again I am sorry. Everybody be safe and have a wonderful upcoming New Year!

6. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas! I am thankful for all the inspiring people I have met in the last few months. Just moving along, day by day, week by week, month by month, I had no idea what I was missing by not being involved in "something." I missed it but the best part? I can do as much as I want or as little as I want because I'm blessed to be retired, in pretty good health, and still have most of my wits about me.

We had an impossible mountain to climb: a quorum that hadn't been reached in 12 years. It's amazing what happens when determined folks get together, work hard, and believe! BUT, there's still so much more to do, and we can't get complacent. We can hope that the new Board will be willing to work more in tune with the membership and with each other while actually listening to us.

I'm looking ahead to new beginnings with old friends; friends I've made from here (some I know, some I only know by name), friends from committee work, friends I've met through FB, Nextdoor, and gathering proxies, and friends/acquaintances who sit at Board meetings around me and who share the same goals. Looking forward to taking ........
    One Day At A Time!

7. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Say What, your heart has always been in the right place. Soemtimes your head leads you astray, as it does all of us, and we all end up with the foot in mouth syndrome from time to time. I know I have had to apologize and offer mea culpa's more than once for not taking the time to calm down prior to answering a post or making a comment. I truly trust you always have the best of intentions and truly want to articulate a great idea for all of us to share.

Know we are all human, and as is the case, we are all flawed in one fashion or another. Please know all is great in the Sun City world as we move forward, and it has been because of the great efforts put forth by all who have given their time, effort and opinions for the benefit of our community and the members.

Say What, do take care and am truly wishing you a better day and a marvelous New Year! So looking forward for what is to come from these marvelous new people we have elected, as well as supporting those who will be in the best position to assure the new direction for the new board members.

Poison_Ivy likes this.