Membership Has Its Privileges

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Nov 15, 2020.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Seriously excited today; Sunday November 15. We are opening the Museum to members who have signed up. Cool, cause you can still join and get member access during these last two weeks in November. So we are clear, we are only allowing 4 visitors at a time (social distancing), masks are required and we have lots of hand sanitizer around the museum.

We will be opening to the general public on December 6, again by registering on the museum website. That calendar won't go up till the first of December. Did the final setup yesterday and even i was stunned how awesome it is. The committee worked long and hard this summer to make the changes.

As i wrote in the batch email we send to members, most not for profit organizations rolled up the streets, we elected to roll up our sleeves. Four rooms now have been turned to the vintage 1960's look. Way fun on all the stuff people will see and remind them of the "good old days."

Best of all though is the Jane Freeman room. We have told the Sun City story, mostly in pictorial form. Our collections are on display and what we have written was purely anecdotal in nature. By the time you have walked the room, you will know exactly how and why Sun City succeeded when the "experts" said it had no chance.

Most of you know i have been involved in lots of stuff in Sun City. From rebuilding SCHOA to the 50th anniversary committee through the 5 magazines (2 for SCHOA, 3 for the RCSC), this project was easily the most daunting...and the most rewarding. I've long been frustrated by the Museum's collections being buried in closets, cupboards and closets. Not so any more.

If you have never been to the museum, you need get there. If you have been, you need get there. And, we need you to become a member. Memberships start at $25 a year. For those of you being overly cautious we will be shooting an online tour. Once up i will post a link. Anyone on Facebook
    should check out the Museum page, i am writing daily releases now through the end November as teasers.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

You are spot on E, organizations are in a tough spot. Our plan is to open for the general public on Dec 6 with sign up reservations only. That way we limit the number of people at any one time. The challenge will be if the numbers keep going the wrong way, even that won't happen. Unlike Gov. Ducey, we won't pretend all is well if it is not. Nice with the moment of silence (i guess) yesterday at his press conference but failing to institute a mask mandate is inexcusable. Unless and until we make some dramatic changes, it will only get worse. Thank god trump is there to head off to the golf course rather than dealing with it. I'm sorry folks but at some point you just have to look to the heavens and be thankful he will be gone.

Wear a damned mask, it's not too much to ask is it?