Member/Board Exchange Jan.9th

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by FYI, Jan 2, 2023.

1. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Just checked the agenda for the next M/B-X .

Whatever happened to the conflict between the RCSC and the Posse?

2. Linda McIntyre

Linda McIntyre Well-Known Member

The issue definitely needs to be raised. And more discussion about overall security as there was another catalytic converter theft at Bell Center last week. As the number of incidents in the crime report in the Independent continues to rise each week, the security issue in general is becoming even more serious. This is a combination SCHOA/RCSC/MCCSO issue that needs real a "roll up your sleeves and how do we tackle this" approach. In a self- governing community, we have no choice but to work in concert with as many partners as we can and use whatever resources we have to solve problems. Leaders can't put their head in the sand and wish things would magically go away or just ignore they are happening in the first place.

Enigma, Sadie McC, Cheryl and 2 others like this.
  3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Great questions gang and hopefully the new board will be more open and transparent. I think back to that Oct meeting where the POSSE showed up in force and the board president told us they had no idea but they would get to the bottom of it quickly. How did that work out for us?

The bigger challenge is in our inability to even begin to address security concerns at our amenities. We all know how far behind we are regarding our technology and while the commitment was made to get it fixed, we are light years away from putting camera's in our parking lots and around our facilities. With the "supply chain" issues, i would be stunned if we are even able to get our hardware and software needs met.

This is what happens when you take the community/committees out of play and let the general manager decide what our priorities are or should be. Look, i know golf was/is important, but it became the end all be all. Now we are giving it away to non-residents to try and make it look like it was a great decision. I was at a new year's day gathering with a bunch of golfers and they are struggling to get tee times. Little wonder with 150 non-resident full play passes out there and equal or better ability to get prime time tee times that should belong to the membership.

One thing for sure, the list of changes is substantial.

Enigma, Sadie McC and eyesopen like this.