Masks! Help stop the spread of COVID 19.

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by aggie, Jun 18, 2020.

1. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Yes, I am not denying that we are where we are because of trump's bad leadership and then no leadership. When he decided that he was NOT going to lead and tossed the ball to Ducey that guy immediately fumbled it and opened the state up while the science was saying it was a bad idea and now we are almost leading the charge. A 21st Century version of Picket's Charge, but where as he lost the battle and perhaps the War, we stand to lose a lot more than that. I plan on living long enough to see some of this settle but probably not all of it.

2. Say What

Say What Active Member

If you are going to Starbucks it is mandatory that you wear a mask inside

3. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Good but I am definately not going to Starbucks. But feel free to drink one for me.

4. fixj

fixj Active Member

5. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

One is known by the company one keeps.

6. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

It was fascinating to watch some of Ducey's press conference yesterday where he stated emphatically he wouldn't be swayed by the "press" or by "politics." Too bad he didn't feel that way when trump came to town to see him and he opened everything up to placate the orange guy. We never met the criteria the CDC established to open, but what the heck, trump getting re-elected is way more important than a hundred thousand dead bodies spread around the country. I know, sounds callous on my part to be so cynical, but 4 years of absolute stone cold stupid will do that to most normal people.

carptrash likes this.
  7. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I wish it were that simple, but it is not. Just watch and see how lots of "normal people" vote in November.

8. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

I'm certain one underlying belief that those pushing to reopen have is that it will create herd immunity. Yup, hoping people get it, the more the merrier. Publicly they profess to be "concerned about those at high risk," but they really haven't done much of anything to mitigate those risks. They lie about what is really going on so we can't fend for ourselves with any certainty. We are citizens in a Democracy being treated like a serfs by our greedy power hungry leaders. Putinism comes to mind.

And so, it's all up to us, individually to do the best we can to survive in this factual vacuum waiting for herd immunity to develop. Ooops -- then [this] -- a study from Spain which indicates herd immunity is a long long long way off, saying it "cannot be achieved without accepting the collateral damage of many deaths in the susceptible population and overburdening of health systems.

That's apparently our leaders plan -- sacrifice us for the greater good -- of their humanity.
    I already knew a vaccine is a long way off (except in the mind of our child president who said last week he has 2-million doses “ready to go” once scientists figure out whether it is safe and effective ). Wonder who the 2-million are that get them?

Come November, if I live to see it, I'll remember how little regard Trumplethinskin's and Douche Ducey's administrations have had for me -- I expect to respond in kind.

9. BPearson

Free Roger Stone...freaking really?

The law and order president my ass.

How about one of you rightie tightie whities step up and defend this dumb ass. Please, give it a shot. I can hardly wait.

10. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I'm trying to get Sheriff Joe to come on and explain it.

IndependentCynic likes this.
  11. BPearson

I know, i stepped all over the covid19 thread but how much more can/should the American people take? The pandemic is raging, unemployment crushing, violence in the streets overwhelming and now the ass clown gets a get out of jail free card from the "law and order" president. It would be laughable if it only wasn't so tragic. By the way, the arrogance of Stone is almost as repulsive as trump's. He said this yesterday in an interview: “[Trump] knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him. It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn’t."

Way cool eh, admit to your perjury to save old lard ass and then get rewarded for it. How can a single republican begin to think this is okay?

12. BPearson

As long as we are ranting, how about forcing those schools to reopen? Anybody pay attention to what has been happening to "kids summer camps?" And this idea that sports on any level can come back (with or without fans is laughable). Put them in the bubble and watch how immune they truly are. College and pro teams are already experiencing cases in spite of best efforts and minimal contact.

The really frightening aspect is the summer should be our quiet time for the spread. Most experts claim the cooler fall weather will result in a second wave. Of course if we never get over the first wave...where the hell are we headed? What should we expect when we have leadership from a reality TV host?

carptrash likes this.
  13. IndependentCynic

14. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

And then for math class, AZ led the country in new deaths yesterday.

15. BPearson

Nice being number one eh? Go Ducey, just go. At least he was right last week...he said it would get a lot worse.

On the national front, trump and his assortment of oddballs are attacking Dr. Fauci. Seems the learned doctor hasn't gotten everything he has said right. Of course we are dealing with a pandemic where everything is less than exact. Models are constantly shifting and data based on behaviors cause predictions to be adjusted. On the other hand, you have the orange guy making shit up and spewing it with no basis other than his gut (and his focus on re-election). I could list all of the outrageous statements made by the idiot-in-chief, but why bother? Those that slobber over his nonsense will simply see it as more fake news and the"deep state" trying to make him look bad.

Here is a very simple reality: trump doesn't need anyone to make him look bad, he does just fine on his own.

carptrash likes this.
  16. IndependentCynic

Yup... on his own...
    [quote from NPR]President Trump once again questioned the expertise of his top public health officials Monday morning, retweeting a conspiracy theory from former game show host Chuck Woolery, who suggested that the CDC, along with "Media, Democrats [and] Doctors", is lying about COVID-19 in an effort to hurt Trump in November's general election.[/quote]

17. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

And what will the relationship be between the virus and the election? Watching that unfold will be like watching a thousand eggs from a black widow spider hatching.

18. IndependentCynic

I ran across an ad for a t-shirt that said "if you don't like wearing a mask you're going to hate a ventilator". Catchy, appropriate for these times. Possibly the original source of those words was from an Ohio doctor who had CV-19 back in March. He was hospitalized for a month+, his story was broadcast as part of a May 26th press conference by Ohio gov DeWine (R). Ducey would be well advised to watch this. It's a little dated, but sobering and still appropriate. While not everyone who gets CV is hospitalized, if you are this is a good overview of how things could go and how scary it could become. If you want to watch, it's [here] -- starts about 18-min in, it runs for about 10-min. It reaffirms to me why I don't want to risk it, why everyone should just wear a mask.

carptrash likes this.
  19. Say What

Say What Active Member

Just to let you know Chuck woolery son has tested positive for coronavirus and woolery did come out with a tweet today saying how bad covid is another clown he got his two seconds of Fame again hopefully his so will be alright

20. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

I don't have the numbers, but an article was stating in Florida, where the virus has consumed all beds in the intensive care units, it has started to send people home who aren't going to make it. Right there is a sobering reminder to wear the mask, practice keeping your distance, and keep your hands clean and out of your eyes and off of your face. Such a grim tale to read.