Isn't it time to invoke the 25th Amendment?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by CMartinez, Jul 15, 2020.

1. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

I am not a constitutional scholar, but with the last action of directing all Covid responses to the White House and bypassing the CDC, is this not an act of treason for which the Congress should be throwing the idiot out of office? He intends to bypass all of the health and science factors and make the numbers fit his needs. He is condemning thousands to death, and he doesn't care. If that isn't treasonous, I don't know what is?

carptrash likes this.
  2. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

His move to cut the Center for Disease Control out of the loop, or make them dependent on what he chooses to pass onto them after he has improved his little ratings problem is a new low. He already is only the third president to be impeached in what was a circus so I would be surprised to see anything happen before the election. Exactly how the election is going to happen in the middle of the plague is another question.

3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Come on guys, you are being too hard on number 45. The man is just looking out for our best interests. By taking the CDC out of the loop and having the data sent directly to the White House, we won't have to be faced with the daily death count rising, the number of cases exploding and the states that are backsliding into dangerous territory. How many presidents do you know that would care enough about us, the great unwashed, that would take such monumental steps to keep us from having to view the pain, misery and suffering on a daily basis. No question about it, the man is a saint for trying to keep us in the dark and away from the horrors happening in the country.

Now we can focus on what's really important...buying Goya beans.

carptrash likes this.
  4. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

CM, I have wishful fantasies, too. The punishment for treason is from 5-years to death -- neither is sufficient. Don the Con needs to spend a few months incarcerated with the thousands of immigrants he's imprisoned in cages with no concern for the CV currently infecting them . It's only fitting he should experience first hand, up close and personal, when CV-19 "just disappears". Further, much of his cabinet should accompany him so they can properly judge whether he's become incapacitated.

carptrash likes this.
  5. CMartinez

This is the same things as Nazi Death trains, only the people aren't going to gas ovens. The will be forced to convene in schools, businesses, anything public, and do so without masks or any other protection against a killer virus. Melodramatic, yes, truthful, OH YES! The biggest Nazi in charge is determined to get the Covid 19 numbers down so it will reflect positively on him, so he can be re-elected. No matter now many children in schools or seniors in nursing homes have to die. I know he wants to attack Social Security, but my god, what a way to do, reduce the rolls?

Here the rest of us are, helpless due to a republican conspiracy. What is so wrong with this picture? Who stands up for us?

6. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

We stand up for ourselves by wearing masks and not doing stupid things and hope that we raised our kids and grandkids well enough so that they can make to proper reaction to school opening. I am thinking of opening Carptrash Academy, an on-line alternative to in-person schooling. I need to get chartered, of course, so that I can suck up some tax dollars but I'll bet with Ducey & De Vos at the helm, it is not that difficult to do.

7. Well CM, a few things I need to catch up on, sorry about the job thing. Only in Republican America with record unemployment will the State downsize the department in charge of employment/unemployment.

The Red Light district has reopened in Amsterdam with all sorts of precautions as the Dutch are an extremely clean, health conscious people. This led me to think that it is safer to visit a prostitute in Amsterdam than it would be to send your children to school in the U.S. If that isn’t f**ked up, I don’t know what is.

As for the 25th Amendment, section 4 would apply. It states that Vice President and a majority of the cabinet are required to send a signed document delivered to both President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House that the President cannot discharge his duties. The VP then becomes acting President. Then if the President sends a signed document to the above mentioned that no inability exists, the President then assumes his duties. The VP would then send another document as above mentioned within four days the president cannot perform the duties. Congress then assembles within 48 hours if not in session to decide the issue. In any event, Congress then has 21 days to decide the issue requiring 2/3 vote to remove the president from office and the VP would continue to be Acting President. If a 2/3 vote is not attained within the time limit, the President resumes power. I hope you find this explanation clear. I always have my pocket copy of the Constitution with me for such situations as well as my Black’s Law Dictionary.

If there are any Republicans out there reading this and you have a chance at a Debbie Lesko Q&A, ask if she is in favor of President Taco Bowl’s plan to cut or eliminate payroll taxes. If she says yes, ask her why she is in favor of defunding Social Security and Medicare. Then look for the fake shocked look on her face and then ask why would a retiree community vote her. What an idiot!

Stay safe and wear a mask because your life depends on it.
    GdV, self sheltering since mid 2007.

8. IndependentCynic

I have a number of friends who are grade school teachers. Sadly, most think that having kids in classrooms coughing, picking their noses, touching one another etc is part of the job as dictated by their school district. They can't imagine how kindergartners and first graders can be made to wear masks and distance. The teachers are scared but believe they have to do it to keep their jobs. Glendale, for example, is currently scheduled to have kids in classrooms on Aug 10th. None seem to know if any testing is required for them or the kids, nor who pays for the testing if it is. In my working days we would have said this has all the makings of a monster cluster f**k -- one that's potentially deadly. Sadly, I'm expecting some of my friends will not survive -- they are all over 50 and most have existing risk factors.

9. Say What

Say What Active Member

When children start dying people start rioting the great experiment of all these clown hope it doesn't happen teacher start dying they all walk out these clowns are looking for a war they want to secede bring it on the North will kick the shit out of them again you have to remember what our military is today it's African-American and Hispanic and there's some bad hombres

10. CMartinez

IC, the school teachers walked out from class for more money and benefits, can't the same organizing occur for the safety of the children and the teachers? We know Ducey will only listen when there is a loud enough crowd or it makes him look good on TV. I cannot believe the fear of not going back outweighs the fear for your very life. How many more students or teachers need to die in order for someone to realize this is not a hoax?

How do you have a kindergartner or first grader keep a mask on for the duration of a class? How many will drop their kids off to school knowing they are already sick? How many anti-vaxxers are going to drop their kids off without a mask at all?

Seems to me to stop the return before it happens, damn the governor and his republican agenda.

11. IndependentCynic

I assume you all know that three teachers in Winkleman school district contracted Covid teaching online summer school last month-- just the 3 of them in the classroom, no students. They all insist they followed all precautions -- yet all three got infected and one of them died. Ducey apparently doesn't care, parents apparently don't care either. It's far to easy to blame someone else for the problem. In the news today, 31% of kids tested in Florida are positive with active (ie, communicable) Covid -- why would we not assume the same in AZ if we tested here? When schools reopen and there will be an even bigger spike than we have now and many school employees will become sick. Some will die. To answer CM's question about walkouts, the walkouts for money took a long time to organize and mostly were done outside school hours in AZ -- teacher unions are mostly impotent in AZ after years of targeting by politicians.

12. CMartinez

Who is supposed to provide the PPE for the school kids? Are the teachers responsible to get their own protective equipment? There is another shortage of PPE, as I understand it from local news. How in the world can anyone stay safe in this kind of environment?

Since when did life become so cheap to where 100,000-200,000 are an acceptable casualty number? Back to my original question, who or when will someone step up and stop the pumpkin colored monster from killing innocent Americans?

Gov. Doug Ducey has delayed the reopening of in-person instruction until at least Aug. 17 due to a surge in COVID-19 cases across the state. Schools can choose to begin online instruction earlier, but no in-person classes can begin before the August start date.

Mesa Unified School District: Remote learning will begin on Aug. 4 until it is safe to resume in-person instruction.

Tucson Unified School District: Online instruction will begin on Aug. 10, but students who want in-person learning will be able to transition once it is safe.

Peoria Unified School District: Virtual instruction will begin on Aug. 5, and the first three days will be half days to help students acclimate to the completely online learning environment. The district does plan to eventually return to in-person instruction, but there is no set date yet.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  13. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

And, of course, knowing what is happening since the CDC is no longer the clearing house for information and statistics, that there is the risk of everything be trumpified is rather frightening.

14. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Even the most ardent trump supporter has to begin to see what an abysmal failure 45 has been in handling the pandemic. Cases keep rising, hospital beds keep filling up and now refrigerated trucks are rolling into hots spots to ease the burden on funeral homes. How freaking terrifying is that? Yet the orange guy and his sidekick keep telling us what a "great place" we are at. Really?

There is not another country as bad off as we are. Even the shithole countries are kicking our butt. The only one close is Brazil and their idiot president is on par with trump. Denying we are up to our asses in alligators may work in trump's mind, but for most of us trapped in a world of lock down, masks and no plan to get out, we know just how crappy this looks and feels.

If there is an upside, this nightmare should insure he be kicked to the curb and labeled as the worst president ever; ever, period.

15. CMartinez

Senate GOP proposing five-year shield from coronavirus lawsuits

What does that say as to the current state of the virus? You open the economy, schools, and everything else, but when people die because of your actions, the GOP says you can't sue. What a shithole effort is this, we are going to kill you and you and your family but they are shit out of luck!

carptrash likes this.
  16. CMartinez

Did anyone else hear of the secret troops which went into Portland, OR and detained the protesters at an undisclosed location. Hear the troops had no badges or other identifying equipment on them.

Can anyone say Dictator Trump?

17. IndependentCynic

After reading an interview with one of the protestors seized by Trump's gestapo and watching this video of them shooting an unarmed non-violent demonstrator a few days prior (last I heard victim is alive and recovering after surgery for facial and skull fractures from the "non-lethal" shooting) one has to wonder when the country is going to wake up to this President's agenda? Lawlessness and minority revolt is growing and the Coronovirus pandemic is providing a convenient distraction while his totalitarianist regime grows stronger. Next move is likely to suspend/screw up the November election -- the resultant surge in Covid from reopening schools should ensure sufficient turmoil for that.

carptrash likes this.
  18. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Hannah Arendt published her book , "The Origins of Totalitarianism" in 1951. Who does this sound like?

“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist.”

“There is hardly a better way to avoid discussion than by releasing an argument from the control of the present and by saying that only the future will reveal its merits.”

“Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow.”

“Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.”

19. CMartinez

I was just in reading some of the comments under a Trump site and they are rather scary. They love him, think he is the best President ever, and more stuff like that. The most frightening item I read is the Covid is God's was of culling the masses for the "awakening". They can't wait to be with God and Trump during this triumphant time.

No one really believes Trump would set off a bomb or something in the Pacific NW just to prove a point, do you? He is after all, stating the only way he can get elected is to return to normal, such as opening schools and businesses and get the economy rolling again. This is by far the most frightened I have been of this lunatic, and I don't think I am the only one.

20. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Nor do any of us think (I think) that we are at the end of anything.