Is there a bus in sun City?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Julianna, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Julianna

Julianna Member

Hello everyone we are getting closer to purchasing our home in Sun City. And are thinking of having my parents live in it for a while until we retire.I thought that I had heard there was a public bus in Sun City. But in looking it up I'm unable to verify that. I'm wondering if there is a bus to the Sun City Library. I typed in our new street address on Google Maps using public transportation going to the Sun City Library and nothing showed up. Would love your thoughts on this thank you

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

No bus in Sun City, but they are working on it. Slowly.

Sun City has two (2) GREAT libraries - Bell and Fairway.
    There is a Books for Buddy program.
    If you are unable to get to library, they will deliver & pickup.
    You can order books online and be notified when they are ready for pickup.
    They also sell used books for a very low price.
    There are many special events including speakers and classes.

Google
    https://mcldaz.org/custom/branches/suncity/

3. Julianna

Julianna Member

Thank you.
    My mom is a retired librarian and our family was always involved with the friends of the library. So of course her first question was about the library! I did read there is dial a ride is that correct?

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

You can take a bus around a few miles inside Sun City and far out of Sun City via Thunderbird (#138)and another bus (#106) on 111th which turns on Peoria. You can connect between the two lines. The 106 should take you to the Fairway Library on Peoria and according to the map there is a stop in front of it (correct me if I'm wrong). Neither lines will get you to the Bell Library.

5. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Your Mom would do well to register with Northwest Valley Connect.
    "Our name says it all—connect.

Two local nonprofits with a combined history of serving the Northwest Valley for over 85 years, Benevilla and Sun Health, worked together to create Northwest Valley Connect (NVC) to improve coordination and awareness of transportation resources. Whether it’s connecting you with existing transportation resources in the community or putting you in touch with more specialized services, such as senior transportation providers in the area, Northwest Valley Connect aims to make travel easy, efficient and accessible. Visit this great organization online."

6. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

And if she can get to Peoria's free POGO line https://www.valleymetro.org/maps-schedules/pogo, she can get to the great Sunrise Mountain Library for a change of pace....