Insulate the Attic Space Over the Garage

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by wizfourfam, Jul 13, 2013.

1. wizfourfam

wizfourfam New Member

Would it be beneficial to insulate the attic space over the garage to keep things cooler? Its really too hot to store anything up there.

2. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

Absolutely - -Wiz - -insulate that attic - - Some sort of spray foam is used to get that attic nice and fully covered !
    My attic had that insulation in it when I moved here -- it is costly, I guess...but certainly well worth the cost...helps keep that hot air out ! I am thankful my attic has it.
    Check out the stats on it - -maybe by searching the web for more info on this type on insulation. :cat:
    I just recently had stucco put onto my entire home...What a procedure that is - -A nice layer of foam, chicken wire - then the "concrete" stucco....all around entire home....Now I feel - - that is a very good insulation !

3. Sulley007

Sulley007 New Member

I agree that spray foam is probably the most effective as well. There are some radiant foil barriers that can also be good. I don't know how much I would store up there though and Anita is right the spray foam is costly so it is more of an investment.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Don't store candles in the garage.
    They will melt!