I'm planning to visit in AUGUST to check it out!

Discussion in 'Sun City New Members' started by Frozen Tootsies, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Frozen Tootsies

Frozen Tootsies New Member

BruceW, I'm in Denver.

So, I had the SC tour this morning. Very interesting. I was the only one on the bus who doesn't already live in SC. They were learning more about SC and I was getting my first impressions.

I liked what I saw and heard. I haven't made a firm decision for or against this move, but I can totally see myself living happily in SC. I drove around SC some last night after dinner, and found myself saying out loud, "I like this!" as I looked around. The tour was more of the same ("I like this" reactions).

I think I can get PMs here and would appreciate anyone sending me PMs with recommendations for Realtors for SC properties. If I make this move, I have many things to do in order for it to happen and I intend to approach friends who are Realtors in Denver to discuss the "selling in Denver" end of things.

Thanks! I'm heading back tomorrow morning. Thought I might stick around another day but I'm not sure I'd make good use of the time by hanging around here, and have things to do at home. Plus, saving a night's hotel bill and dog boarding, is all to the good.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the number of properties for sale are a bit lower in the summer. You will probably see an increase in a few months. If you see something you really like though you might want to grab it. Many properties with good price or good looks can go quickly. I missed out on a few I wanted because I hesitated. Fortunately it ended up to be a good thing in the end.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Yep. The good ones go fast.
    My condo had only been on the market 2 weeks.
    I had looked at many, many places for nearly 2 months while staying with relatives in Peoria.
    Walked into this one and that was it!

4. Frozen Tootsies

Frozen Tootsies New Member

I've seen how fast SC homes tend to sell. I've been regularly searching for listings on realtor.com, and have seen many properties go from "for sale - active" to "under contract - taking backup offers" in a short time.

Interesting to know that the number of listings may go up as we get into autumn.

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

At least thats what my realtor told me. I bought using realtor.com to look at properties.