For the Record...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Nov 17, 2021.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Yesterday i had the opportunity to reflect on my role as an active participant in Sun City over the past near on 20 years. It's been a long term involvement that has given me the opportunity to do more things than i care to recount. Suffice to say, i've done lots of stuff, more than most. Nope not bragging, i enjoyed most of it.

For anyone who has read Talk Of Sun City over the years, they may have noticed i have become critical of some aspects of our governance. The RCSC has morphed into something i am not pleased with. That makes it neither right or wrong, it's just my opinion. Most of it is based on a pretty solid understanding of our history. As i am want to say; we have abandoned the foundation we were built upon, why we were successful.

Anyone in their right mind would have walked away a long time ago. Beating your head against the wall usually only insure you get a headache. Of course that first sentence suggests, i am not in my right mind. I wouldn't argue it and in fact my spouse would be more than happy to testify to it. It's just the way i am built. No one knows my shortcomings more than me.

With that out of the way, why am i still posting? Why am i still writing lengthy threads and commentary when dozens, maybe hundreds of others have walked away? Some may argue i just need to see my name in print. Nope, over the years there have been countless articles across the net and in newspaper print. I have saved none of them. They matter not.

As i said yesterday, i have done what i have done, do what i do, because i love what Sun City was, is and could be. The best part of that statement is from a historical perspective: Since day 0ne, those moving here have translated that love affair with their community into action. Giving back more than they took from it, they helped shape the community to become the massive success it is. Sadly, most of you reading this have no idea what it took to make Sun City so unique, so different from almost all other age restricted communities.

I could walk away and ignore it all but it's not in my DNA. What i won't do is become bitter or angry over where we are. Anyone who loves Sun City and wants to destroy it misses the whole point of how we were built. Fighting for the things we thought were important is exactly what those who came before us did. Sometimes they won, sometimes they lost. In the end, they still loved the community they made their home.

Knowing and better yet understanding our history helps me understand why i (and hopefully each of you reading this) stay focused on our task at hand.

OneDayAtATime likes this.