First of two...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Oct 31, 2018.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Just when you thought you couldn't stomach one more political ad/announcement, you open this thread and wham, it hits you smack dab in the face. Thank your lucky stars i'm not about to sling mud (or these days something far more disgusting) at you.

Nope, this is just a gentle reminder about the RCSC candidate forum tomorrow Thursday, November 1 at Fairway Rec Center starting at 2 pm. There is a wonderful slate of 8 candidates and the forums are a great way to hear and see them up close and personal.

Not sure i can make this one, but with them being recorded, i will be able to watch it once it is posted. While i have my favorites, i want to see them answer questions and how they handle being able to fly by the seat of their pants. Following a script is easy, having to ad lib is always more telling.

There will be another opportunity to catch them at a second forum that will be on Thursday, Nov 8 at the Marinette Rec Center at 6 pm. That gives those working a chance to catch it live rather than on video. Hopefully there will be some good questions that will give us a better understanding of why they are running.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Got a chance to stop by the first of the two candidate forums yesterday...pretty nice slate of choices for the three open board positions. It's interesting to listen to their perspectives of what they are running for and why. Several stood out, others wilted under the pressure of showing us how much they need to learn. No question, those who have served on the board have a leg up, but there's always the question if that's a positive or a negative. More on that later and what i hope to learn from the next one.