Facebook and Twitter

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by Emily Litella, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I have a Facebook account because my son-in-law posts a lot of pictures and info about my grandsons.

I'm not interested in Twitter.

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I have everything. I post often on FB but specific things...birders and artists mostly. It's a good place to share/keep interesting videos. I don't do much on twitter, mostly read other peoples stuff, but I secured my name in case I want to use it in the future. My privacy has long been shot because I published a book and had to put myself out there.

4. archer

archer New Member

I use Facebook, it's an excellent way to keep up with friends and family..... You just need to be smart about it. Facebook has extensive privacy controls available, the trick is to use them... a lot of people don't. As with anything you put online, assume it is public, if you don't want the public to know it, don't post it. If you set up your account properly, you can determine who sees what you post, friends.... family only.... just some friends. The same goes for any pictures you post. I wouldn't know half of what my kids and grandkids are up to without it..... Same for my friends scattered across the country.

Twitter? I have it but don't use it much.

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

I am the odd duck out regarding anything Facebook. We had started a business page but quickly lost interest in it. I do not like living my life in a fishbowl and that is what it felt like to me. We were stalked several years back by a psychopath and he is still dangerous. I do not really want this man to find me and I worry about my kids being so open in cyber space. So...I do not have a Facebook page.

6. Cynthia

I went to the SCAZ page on FB a few weeks ago...mostly a listing of events. Some guy commented this: "i have a thought sense young kids excetra cant spend extended time in your city of sin maybe the elders should stay out of there parks." Admin replied: Children are welcome in Sun City for up to 90-days each year. We even have special children hours at some of our pools. Mini golf and the Sun City train room have always been a big hit with the kids. Hey, did you guys know you live in a city of sin? What's up with that?

7. DDArm

DDArm Member

I am on FB, there are some good privacy settings. I think if you search for me on FB you can't find me. I know you can go to the FB site and read all about the settings before signing up.

8. Cynthia

Yes you can set all those up, but if I were really being stalked I would probably hide for a while the best I could.

9. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I have heard it called "Sin City" but jokingly so.
    Doubt there is much hanky panky.

10. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Admin is right about children being welcome in Sun City.

My 2 grandsons had a great time here in February.
    Train room at Fairway and swimming and mini golf at Lakeview.
    Horseback riding at place outside White Tank Mountains and hike in the park.
    They were even given a private tour of the Posse and sworn in as junior Posse members.

There were many other places to go and things to do, but we ran out of time.

I think I will post all the things to do with grandchildren. Watch for it.

11. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Sin City? I think not. My neighbor has her grandchildren several times a year and they are always welcomed here. Maybe the person making that remark has unruly children?