Christmas Time

Discussion in 'Sun City Sheriff's Posse - Arizona' started by pegmih, May 15, 2013.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Admin asked "How does it get around Christmas in Sun City Arizona".
    I can't find that post so will answer here.

I don't think it is busier than any place else.

In fact, Sun City might be less busy because people go to visit family.

There are some very nice outdoor light/decoration displays in and near Sun City.

After thinking about it, I haven't experienced any "crowd" problem any time.

The only store that is exceptionally busy is Frys at Grand & Dell Webb/107.
    Unfortunately, last year I had an auto accident in the parking lot there.
    He was backing out and so was I. He came over and stood looking down at me
    and said "I'm a former police officer". I looked up and sweetly replied "I'm currently a member of the Posse".
    End of discussion. We both had the same insurance agent. I reported it within an hour, but
    it took him a few days. The incident was determined mutual so we split the deductible.

Now I park far away no matter what store I go to.
    Also, I have discovered that late Sunday afternoon stores are not too crowded.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I put Santa hats on my cacti (or is it cactuses. Nah).

3. bmac007

bmac007 Member

HO HO HO!! Love the santa hat on cacti or cactus... Only in Arizona!! :cool:

4. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I had to learn to make my Christmas colorful and "cool" after having lived in the Midwest most of my life. I find that less decorating is more pleasing to the eye. I use my greens, candles, and ribbons--less ornamental stuff. And, if you want to feel the chill in the air, go to a 10:00 Christmas Eve service somewhere!

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I didn't know that people in Sun City(ies) could stay awake until 10:00 p.m.

I find the streets are deserted as soon as it gets dark. Catarracts anyone?