Changes at SCHOA

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jul 14, 2018.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

For those of you out of the loop or not paying attention, there's been a major change at the Sun City Home Owners Association (SCHOA). The general manager left as of Friday and the former director has moved back into running the it. Tom Wilson has been with the organization for years and has a wealth of experience, primarily in compliance.

In my humble opinion, that is where SCHOA need focus it's efforts. That is in fact their primary function and by making it their core responsibility, it will do nothing but enhance their position within the community. Most people have no idea they resolve 300 plus complaints per month, and I expect as things change, you will see more about those statistics than all of the promotion of companies that had bought into the vendor program.

They are also in the midst of the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R) review. There's been well over a hundred comments and SCHOA president Jim Hunter has personally replied to each and every one of them. Impressive.

2. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

You are so correct, have not been paying attention to the changes occurring at SCHOA. Didn't know the GM left, and I am sure we all wish her well in her future endeavors. Tom Wilson is an excellent selection to fill the spot, as yes, he has been involved with compliance for a number of years.

I know you, BP, is on the committee to address the review of the CC&R review, which is also a good thing and needed for a while now. And yes, Jim does write to every member who contacts the SCHOA about the rewrite of the policies. Great contact with the members to keep them in the loop, as well as make them feel as if they were heard.

Glad to know the changes, both for now and for the future, all positive signs of things to come.

3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more Carole. The new direction from SCHOA is absolutely invigorating. I've been arguing for the past year that SCHOA, like all other organizations, need work from their strength, their purpose. Everything starts with the Articles of Incorporation. While most have never seen, let alone read them, they are the basis of their existence. The new leadership understands that and is focusing on their core mission...and that is how it should be.