BPEARSON, why so quiet?

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by J_and_V, Aug 11, 2016.

1. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

BP, you are being strangely quiet, do we need to worry?

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

This site has been very quiet for the last few days.
    Let's get posting.

I need to run some errands but I'm afraid I will get caught in a downpour.
    It looks like weather will start improving tomorrow.

I tried to pay my vehicle registion online only to be told I need an emission test.
    They have lowered the price from $27 to $20. I plan to go to the
    testing place in Surprise. You can go online and see if there is a long wait.
    Just google Arizona Department of Transportation and go from there.

If you don't need an emission test, you can pay ahead 5 years.
    If you need one you only get 2 years.

Very convenient to be able to pay online.

Someone told me they go to Wickenburg for license and they don't require emission test.
    Is that true? Not really worth the drive.

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I replied few minutes ago but when I click on New Posts, my message does not appear.
    Let's see if this one does.
    This site is becoming very difficult.
    Guess everyone is Out to Lunch.

I don't want to get political, but Potus is usually referred to as black. Is that his preferred color?
    Actually, he should be called biracial. He is 1/2 black and 1/2 white.

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Here's one explanation, including why his white mother called him black Why Does Obama Call himself Black? | Chancellorfiles

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

6. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

For his mother yes, but for him it is how he is treated.

Hey Emily maybe a derailed thread is good sometimes. Like Forest Gump's box of chocolates.

7. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

No worries on the derailed thread, happens a lot here. Good question though, and a simple answer. I love Sun City, what it is and what it represents for all of us living here and even more so for those looking for their perfect place in the sun. That said, some of the things happening of late have left me frustrated. I always worry about impacting people looking at Sun City by airing my complaints on line.

It is a thankless job serving on the board. Over the last 5-10 years, we've watched as boards removed community safeguards and concentrated the power in the board and more importantly the management team. That's problematic IMHO. For new buyers they don't know what it used to be, but for those of us who watched it happen, it's frustrating.

8. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

....and then there are those of us caught in the woods between the world's.

We bought and recently moved here thinking we were going to get one thing and we see the half eaten remains of what was, and the half baked whatever it is, for whatever it's going to be.

It would be WONDEFUL if we knew what the "vision" is.

9. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

What a great question V. My frustration for Sun City's vision was we had become solely fixated on golf, leaving the rest of the community's potential stuck in limbo. Worst of all is even after all that money spent, we are worse off...so who is accountable?