Blender

Discussion in 'The Sun City Kitchen & Recipes' started by pegmih, Jul 6, 2013.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Last year I got tired of washing my blender so I bought
    a Hamilton Beach Hand Blender that is super easy to clean.
    It has high and low speeds.
    A blending attachment and a Whisk Attchment.
    Walmart for about $20.

Today I am going to make a banana/yogurt/peanut butter/apple juice smoothie.

2. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Sounds pretty easy... I don't know what blender I got but from COSTCO... I love it...

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

My smoothie wasn't very good. Don't know if it was the yogurt or peanut butter.
    Today it will be just a banana & apple juice. Or maybe a banana split.

4. AnMay2013

AnMay2013 New Member

Well, I am looking for a blender. Mine was so old that the co. quit making replacement parts! I like the idea of finding one that is not so tedious to take apart and clean. I also saw a review on Cook's Kitchen (the PBS Sat. show) on blenders. They said to buy one with the blades at different heights. BUT their blender was $60. I like the $20 one best. Besides, I am not cooking for a family, just the two of us now!!

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

As I said in another post mine is a hand held blender - Hamilton Beach - $20.

I bought a large heavy mug with a handle (Dollar Store).
    The blender attachment fits right into it for making smoothies.
    I have not used the wisk. What do you do with wisks?
    As I said super easy to clean. Just remove attachment and run under water.

What do you use a blender for?

6. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

I received a NINJA BLENDER for Christmas -- and I just used it today - - first time. I waited until my old blender finally did stop working. This Ninja is a pretty nice machine. To control it - - you hold down the "handle" to make it Pulse - - instead of the usual blender controls and buttons which might indicate slow, high, crush, blend, etc.
    I try to drink a Green Drink several times a week - cause it is healthy ! Add: Kale, cilantro, parsley, carrots, and a banana, other fresh or frozen fruits and whatever you like and have in the kitchen - -spice it up with cinnamon - OR spices..to your liking... add some ice and maybe some fresh squeezed-frozen orange juice -- (which is always on hand in my freezer - -from my Citrus tree crop) Yummy ! Make up your own health drink and enjoy !

7. wizfourfam

wizfourfam New Member

I love my Ninja as well. Had the small version in MI but gave it to my son when we moved. Have since purchased a higher model with the individual cups (great for portion control) and am happy with it as well. I am not sure how it would work as a "juicer" but it excels at making smoothies, fresh whipped cream, salsa and drinki-poos! LOL