Bill Pearson to pick up a packet to be a candidate

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by CMartinez, Aug 23, 2022.

1. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

"Which is why i am picking up a packet this coming week. I absolutely don't want to waste three more years of my life serving on a board where i get to vote no on doing stupid shit because that's what the gm wants done. That said, i refuse to let them maintain control where they just act as if there is nothing wrong with giving away our assets. As i wrote the other day, there will be at least three quality candidates to choose from who believe the community should have a voice."

I thought this newsworthy enough to start a new thread for all of us interested in the option of Bill running for the board of the RCSC.

I, for one, am thrilled. I know this was not an easy decision for him, but will do this for the benefit of the community as a whole as well as the individual members of the RCSC.

Thank you Bill Pearson for your continued support of this community and your very valuable knowledge of the history and value that is the "sum total of its parts" that is Sun City

2. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Geez, been hoping for this news for years....that and the news that someone who happens to have the same name as yours would do the same;)

3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words gang. I will pick up a packet later this week and i will collect signatures. It's more an insurance policy to insure there are at least 3 candidates who believe the membership has a choice between board members who think they owe their allegiance to the management team or those who believe the members have a voice. Sadly we don't know who will run and until they release that information, we won't know.

Safe to say, i will have volumes more to write on this topic in the coming months.

4. BPearson

Very cool, lots of rumors afloat over more qualified candidates coming forward.

eyesopen likes this.
  5. Carol

Carol Member

BPearson said: ↑
    Which is why i am picking up a packet this coming week. I absolutely don't want to waste three more years of my life serving on a board where i get to vote no on doing stupid shit because that's what the gm wants done. That said, i refuse to let them maintain control where they just act as if there is nothing wrong with giving away our assets. As i wrote the other day, there will be at least three quality candidates to choose from who believe the community should have a voice.

Bill, I think that is the best move you can make. These next 3 years can be the best years of your life!! We need a majority of free-thinking board members who can give the members back their voices and are willing to listen and act on the desires of the membership. You know the history and that is what worked for years. I believe that is what the membership is looking for. I also commend Jean for throwing her hat into the race. Good luck to both of you along with Steve.

eyesopen likes this.
  6. BPearson

Thanks Carol, but honestly i have little to no interest in being back on the board. What i do have is a passion for is to insure the arguments about our future are framed in a way that turns out thousands of members to vote. To be able to have a choice on a platform where they can elect directors who are more concerned about the members rights than managements feelings being hurt. We've spent the past 15 plus years focused on loyalty to the gm. Time for a change to a very simple philosophy:
    Members Matter!

OneDayAtATime and Larry like this.
  7. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

Bill…candidacy status update?

8. BPearson

I'll have more to say after the Monday meeting, but for now, if there are three solid candidates i can throw my support behind, i will do that.

eyesopen likes this.