4th of July Parade

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by pegmih, Jul 4, 2019.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Happy 4th of July!!!!

The parade in Mississippi (Missouri or???) was being televised.

No tv station was televising the DC parade. Shame, Shame, Shame.

Finally, I started watching it on Facebook.
    The sound and picture kept going in and out so I quit.
    I wanted to see the tanks. Maybe on tonight's news.

At least the 4th at the Capitol will be televised.

LilC likes this.
  2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Just left the 4th of July celebration at Bell. Same program as last year, identical. That said, i payed more attention to the video with Paul Harvey and the "rest of the story" that happened to the signers of the Declaration of Independence. You can watch it here is you are not familiar with it. Powerful and emotional.

Makes you/me wonder what happened to politicians who know think they are the solution; that they alone can fix it. My goodness, how far we have fallen.

IndependentCynic likes this.
  3. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Pegmih, all you had to do was to go to Fox News, Trump's private channel. It was broadcast there. It is on YouTube, on the Fox News website. All of the other legitimate news sources refused to air it, as most people are angry over the diversion of 2.5B dollars of National Park Service monies to pay for it. Also the Washington Mall, a PUBLIC park, was roped off for PAYING guests and dignitaries, and regular spectators were not allowed into the DIGNITARY area.

The military, by law, is not to be used for private parties or for political power and gain, yet it was, for a paid political event on the 4th of July. Using the military in this way is illegal, per all statutes. So head on over to Faux News and watch it from there.

IndependentCynic likes this.
  4. SCR

SCR Active Member

I for one am very glad the DC parade was not shown on network TV.
    Chairman Trumps spectacle would be yet another embarrassment to the United States.
    I'm sure there will be snippets in the nightly news, but even that is too much.
    Prime Minister Trump wants a spectacle like Russia, Red China, North Korea, and Iran would display to the world.
    Supreme Leader Trump is a wannabe dictator that is destroying this country. He praises our enemies (Russia, North Korea) and
    disrespects out allies. He is a disgrace to the country.

5. LilC

LilC New Member

6. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

To his credit, he didn't turn it into another of his never-ending campaign rallies. See, i'm always looking for the good in people.

7. 3GenSCAZ

3GenSCAZ Member

8. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

It was my country long before this joke bought and stole the election. I will defend my country and my right to live here with every breath I take. I will not support a subversive dictator looking to line his pockets at the expense of the American people or this country.