Women's March

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Cynthia, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

The Women's March on Saturday has become worldwide... many, many countries around the world. I see Phoenix is in. I'll be marching in Los Angeles. So exciting. Anyone marching in Phoenix?

womens.png

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I'm not marching but my daughter will be at the BIG march in Washington D.C. on Saturday. Hope it is a safe event.

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

What are they marching for?
    Personally I think there are too many "marches".

There are also too many "running for a cause".
    I would be curious to know exactly how much $$$ goes to "the cause".

4. Cynthia

That's so cool aggie. I wish I could have gone to the big one too.

5. IndependentCynic

IndependentCynic Active Member

"The Women's March on Washington is a women-led movement bringing together people of all genders, ages, races, cultures, political affiliations and backgrounds in our nation's capital ... to affirm our shared humanity and pronounce our bold message of resistance and self-determination."

My thought is those that are tired being ignored by our wealthy ruling class oligarchs have finally decided to organize a resistance movement. It's no surprise it's gathering steam worldwide after the news last week that 8 men have a combined wealth equal to half that of the entire world, and 5 of those 8 are Americans. I fear partisanship and lack of civility have driven our society to the point where these demonstrations and riots seem inevitable since our leaders have lost touch with the bulk of Americans and refuse to listen and seek compromise. Nothing works well when it functions at the extremes I'm afraid.

6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

For anyone that's interested, there's a meeting of LD 21 (democratic) on Monday, January 23rd at 6:30 pm at Menkes Sun City room.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately it's the same time(6:00) as the Town Hall Meeting at the Youngtown Council Chambers to unveil the initial plans for the new Sun City Fire District Station on 111th Avenue.

7. Cynthia

I'm marching in defense of women's reproductive rights, as many women in the movement are. Of course I don't need those laws anymore, nor do I have daughters. But women fought hard to get them and I won't sit back while they are being eroded. No one has a right to tell a women what she can do with her body. Our bodies are the one thing in life no one else should be able to control.

8. Cynthia

Hope your daughter had a great time. People were happy at the event I attended, very safe. And as everyone knows...it was huge.

9. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Of the millions that showed up for the marches it was reported there were only 4 arrests! Very safe. Three of my daughters participated and found it very rewarding. Now it's important to keep the ball rolling!

10. Cynthia

This forum really needs a like button.