Nothing here

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by OneDayAtATime, Jul 18, 2022.

1. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

NNTK
    No need to Know

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    eyesopen likes this.
  2. Linda McIntyre

Linda McIntyre Well-Known Member

You're entirely too logical, Jean. That's why the Board doesn't appear to like any in-depth inquiries, or discuss any real issues. It begs the question. When do the Board members debate and discuss the important business of RCSC? It isn't done in the light of day at a meeting when members are present - at least that hasn't been my experience. Board meetings just seem like fluff!

Janet Curry, FYI and eyesopen like this.
  3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Fluff, indeed. It's amazing the amount of work the long range planning committee put into creating their multi-page questionnaire nearly a year before the pandemic hit; and then the cavalier manner in which it was gutted and then voted down. Only a small portion of us saw it, kind of the nature of the beast these days. Dumb everything down and then keep it all quiet as possible. The rumor the survey was castrated so badly was the had the audacity to mention green spaces.

We were told point blank, the committees hard work wouldn't be ignored or thrown out. When push comes to shove, will any of it see the light of day? Will the ASU group rely on the long range planning committees hard work, or that what we were told to pacify the board and members? Will the survey be objective and drill down into the issues or will it simply be an exercise to prove to all of us what we already know, those living here love Sun City?

Because if that's all it is, save your money. Wait, save our money. Now that we have waived the second reading, how soon will the survey hit our hot little hands? I for one will be measuring substance. I will be looking to see what our $45,000 (oops, i negotiated that wonderful lower price, but ignore it), bought us. I find it laughable, the projection for 400 returns. Historically, there are any number of times this kind of polling has been done and the returns have been 5 fold that.

Setting oneself up to succeed by having such low expectations, is folly. Come on guys, get real and get going. Because until i see the survey, until we see the survey, it's just throwing good money after bad. Hope i am wrong and once i see it, i'll let you know.

4. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Each of the Standing Committees have also been contacted and have been scheduled for a 45 minute session.

Janet Curry and Linda McIntyre like this.