Who went to the Dive-In movie last night?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by J_and_V, Aug 16, 2015.

1. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Anybody go see Frozen?

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Not us, seemed like a dumb show. Besides, i hate crwods.

3. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Dumb show!?!? It's Disney, with a song that qualifies as "earworm" material...there was ice cream. And it was FREE!!!

I will take a Sun City size crowd any day over the crowds up here. I guess it's all relative.

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Its a kids show but it is phenomena among the kiddy crowd. I went to a Frozen-themed birthday party this year for a 5 year old. The main premise is a bit non-traditional. And it pokes fun at old Disney movies when a prince and princess meet, fall in love and get married without even knowing each other. Let it Go, JV.

5. BPearson

I don't do animation films or TV shows. Thank goodness I did a goggle search, I agree with C, Let it Go V. That inspired me to look up all the TV shows i'm missing as well: there were 25 listed, who know the top two without doing a google search? Nuh, that's too easy, number 1 is obviously The Simpson's, what's #2 and #3 ?

Here's the top 25 animated series for adults...but don't look till you take a whack at answering the question.

6. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

Sun City Rec had all wonderful intentions, I am certain, when they had planned FROZEN to show at the Dive-In Movie, held at Mountain View. A small group of us Sun City Residents went to this event only because there were not many other things to do that evening around this area.... Needless to say, we were slightly disappointed - -# 1 in the choice of Movies. HELLO Rec Folks - - we live in a retirement adult community - - FROZEN was a cute movie - done well in the Disney Way - - however, too, too, much geared for the small folk !!! AND, yep, many small folk appeared - - certain Grandparents were excited to show off our wonderful pool & facilities. -- #2 TOO MANY WONDERFUL LITTLE CHILDREN swarmed the pool... Splish-splash - I needed "wind-shield wipers" on my eye glasses. The pool was a must to get into due to the temps soaring well above 114 degrees - - but, not enjoyable, with all the splashing. --I met a couple in the pool who only moved to our wonderful paradise of Sun City two weeks ago, they were disappointed as well, to see this function turn out to be an evening with all the kids. Her comment to me- was: is this a regular event that we have in our pools? - - I had attended other Dive In Movie Events here in Sun City - -the 1st was sensational, drew many folks. It was held at BELL REC - the movie was "GREASE"----kind of a girlie flick - but oh, it did draw a crowd. We all enjoyed the pools, hot tubs & walked the Bell Walking Pool before the movie & during the movie, as well. It was a pleasant evening. Last year at Mt. View ...it was more pleasurable than this year. **** My recommendation to the REC Planning Committee is "Let's remember where we live - - in a retirement community". Many residents do not care to carter to little ones ---which seems, all the time - - especially since 3 of our pools have open hours for the children. By the way, no offense to children... I have grandchildren as well, many of my friends have little ones in their life, too. I worked at a an Elementary & High School thru retirement years. Yes, I like children - - but I don't care to "party" with them or see "Kiddie Flicks". Maybe next year might be a better movie selection.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  7. BPearson

Spot on comments AM, hopefully the folks at the RCSC are either reading this or listening to the complaints. They need to do a better job of explaining what the events are all about; nothing worse than showing up expecting one thing and getting another.

8. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Ahhhhh.....I didn't think about folks bringing the grandkids.

Good call out Anita Mae, thanks for posting the review.

9. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I love adult animation when its as good as Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park, Beavis and Butt-Head and Robot Chicken. I also liked Dr Katz & The Life & Times of Tim but it was short lived. Don't understand why Dr Katz didn't make that top 25 list. Family Guy should have been #2 on the list. I would put it at #1 but I know nothing will outdo the Simpsons. And Robot Chicken is in a class by itself as great stop motion. You can't include it with animation and there's been nothing made like it before.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015