Where were you on November 22, 1963 at 12:30 p.m.?

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by Emily Litella, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I was washing the kitchen floor. I immediately called my neighbor.
    I will be watching shows about the Kennedy's.
    They were fascinating and still garner a lot of attention.

3. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Sitting in my history class in jr. high. My teacher came in with tears running down his face and told us the bad news.

4. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

6th Grade Class....The elementary School dismissed all classes for the rest of the day ... All were in total shock of this most historic event in our lives ! It truly made an impact even on us that were just young folks !

5. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Guess I'm the eldest to post! I was a senior in high school and was standing in the student union watching the TV while on a college search day. Somber campus.

6. BruceW

BruceW Active Member

I was in 5th grade class in a rural community, the principle flung the door open and shouted "the president has just been shot", he was running classroom to classroom. Our teacher started to sob and we all panicked. The school buses came early and took us all home. My brother that was 8 years older had shaken the president's hand, he was devastated. My other 10 & 11 year old friends figured it was really bad, but were thrilled at getting out of school early on a Friday.

7. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

So far, you are not the eldest to post. I had already graduated from high school.

8. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I remember hearing the President was shot but they didn't say he died and I was young enough to think it was no big deal since surely John Wayne got shot all the time whether it was in WWII movies or westerns, so surely he'd be like John Wayne and all would be well. I actually laughed and remember one of my classmates looked at me with disgust. I deserved it. They lined us up and I can't remember if we had an air raid drill and then were dismissed early or we were just dismissed early, but I was glad to get home. The horror of it all didn't sink in until seeing the funeral procession on TV and especially Caroline and John-John, kids like me whose daddy really wasn't gonna be back on TV making speeches or writing books like PT-109 or playing with them. I cried then.