What's Up With Sun Macs Club?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by suncityjack, Apr 1, 2024.

Tags:
  1. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

What's up with the Mac Computer Club moving? Went to Sundial to pick up their latest class list and it says they are moving to Fairway. I'd heard they were combining with the PC Club at Fairway. What will become of the Sundial space?

Janet Curry likes this.
  2. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Dog Training? Pickleball? Hey!...how about a library?

Why do the Carvers have to share space with the Leather Club if there are vacant spaces available? And who knows how many other Clubs are sharing space?

Why do we need to shut down the libraries when there are many vacant spaces already available! We use to have over 180 Clubs but the last figure I heard was less than 130? We're going to start looking like many of the local strip malls full of empty spaces!

There seems to be a hidden agenda in force by the RCSC and only time will reveal it!

Linduska and Janet Curry like this.
  3. Happy Hippie

Happy Hippie Active Member

But, but, but..........this is THE GREATEST COMMUNITY ON THE PLANET! Hidden agenda??? I think you will find more than you think over time.

Janet Curry likes this.
  4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Consolidation of clubs has been around for at least the past ten years. As club members dwindled, it made sense. One of the things Sun City West did about 5 years ago was create a space allocation committee. It made perfect sense to begin allocating space based on need, not want. Sun City has evolved and it will continue to do so. As i have written numerous times: "Change is inevitable, we need to learn how to manage it."

Janet Curry and eyesopen like this.
  5. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

COMMUNICATION of change is critical and expected by the membership!

6. Happy Hippie

Happy Hippie Active Member

Looks like Emily deleted her post? Yes, change is the only constant in life. It would be lovely if when there is change the BOD would ask for the input of the residents who they supposedly work FOR.