What's the deal with Youngtown?

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by Emily Litella, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Youngtown has had quite a community revamp over the past couple years. They've invested in many improvements to commercial centers and have cracked down on condition of property code violations.

It's such a small area and most of the businesses are located off the major traffic routes of 111th and poor access off Grand Avenue. We use the US Post Office because it is rarely crowded and the Ace Hardware Store has so many of the replacement parts for the homes in Phase I.

Just north of Alabama there is a book store called "The Bookmark" with quite a selection. They deal in new, used and trade-ins.

Yesterday we stopped at the new Mighty Moo Ice Cream Parlor also located on the north side of Alabama. I absolutely love homemade hard ice cream and the amount of flavors offered is amazing! It gives the feel of an old school soda shop and the thin mint hot fudge sundae has me planning my next trip back. :encouragement:

Golf cart sales & repair, window and mirror replacement, plumbers, Parks Trash, and 4Paws Rescue are just a few businesses you can find if you do some exploring.

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I read that La Ronde Circle might get an eating establishment or ice cream parlor.
    Which would you prefer? I would like an eating place. There aren't any between Grand and Bell. Or am I missing something? Oh, yeah. Jack in Box on Thunderbird. I have always thought that Greenway Terrace could use a fast food place.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

You're right. All the people working there would probably welcome an eatery close by.
    I still miss Tivolie Gardens.