What is your favorite candy bar?

Discussion in 'The Sun City Kitchen & Recipes' started by pegmih, Jul 8, 2013.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

2. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

That's a tough one since I don't think it is available anymore. I used to buy a two-piece bar of honeycomb toffee-like substance covered in dark chocolate.....Now I periodically indulge in a dark chocolate something, preferably one where a portion of sales goes to preserve rainforests.
    However, when in Glendale, who can resist almost anything they have there?!

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I remember that honeycomb candy. Maybe I will look for it in Walmart.

4. suncityjack

Okay candy folk, what 's the dif between Baby Ruth and Snickers? Don't both have peanuts and caramel and some kind of nougaty stuff? I hereby request a formal inquiry. Note: this allows all participants to eat and dissect as many as needed to complete the study. Also, all calories ingested will not count :wink-new:

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I stopped eating sugar a few years ago, but before that Snickers was my favorite.

6. archer

archer New Member

Heath Bars.... Although the older I get the less my teeth appreciate hard toffee. Snickers runs a close second.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  7. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Everything sweet tastes sweeter these days, as does everything salty -- guess I'm going bland in my aging years. :) I don't eat candy anymore (unless chocolate chips are considered candy) and desserts aren't as appealing as they used to be. Perhaps nature is telling me to give up high carbs for the sake of my blood sugar level.

8. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I too try to avoid hard food. That includes almonds (I eat cashews instead) and even croutons that go in salads.
    Doc suggested sucking on hard candy to prevent dry mouth. Just don't chew it!

When I work at the Posse, I keep a dish of candy on the counter for "customers".
    Sometimes I bring in cookies for the members.

At the Visitor Center the director has a dish of candy.
    Sometimes people bring in cookies for the workers. Especially during the holidays.

Food seems to be a big thing in Sun City. To eat and to share.
    Yesterday my neighbor gave me an ear of corn.
    She said it is Iowa corn - the best!
    During the winter I do a lot of baking and sharing.

9. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Creating Memories

image.jpg What is important to you now at your age and stage in life? Funny how I'm getting rid of the things I used to think I needed to be happy.

10. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

This might be better in Inspirational.

11. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I think I misplaced it!

12. suncityjack

I noticed that when someone posted about selling a golf cart, an icon saying it was moved to ad section appeared. I wonder how that is done. It would be handy to have a button like that, but maybe there is something and I just don't know about it.