What is Home Automation?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Alyssa Berner, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Alyssa Berner

Alyssa Berner New Member

Hi everyone,

My mother lives in Sun City and my kids have fully automated her house with Alexa voice automation. They automated her door lock, her A/C, and some lights. Best of all, she can intercom me at my home in Surprise from her living room without getting up!

So, my kids are raising money to go to CCV Camp this summer and would love to help anyone else get started with home automation.

$25 - Setup of Alexa/Google Home and 2 devices. (Does not include purchase of Alexa/Google Home or devices but we can help you pick those.)

Please feel free to forward.

Let’s help each other!

Thanks!
    Alyssa

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I did smart-up my house. Most of my lights, TV, security cams and the thermostats are accessed via my phone or my voice. Its fun. When I go to bed I have a routine set up. I say “goodnight” and all the lights and TV go off and the nightlight goes on. Everything still works manually too of course because sometimes that’s just faster.

I declined the automated door locks as I don’t trust the safety of the system. I had my garage door automated and it began opening itself. I would come home to an open garage door that I knew I had closed. After researching I learned it’s a known issue they haven’t fixed so be careful with those.

Alexa has an interesting new feature you can add. When you leave your house you tell it your leaving. It will send you a message if the smoke alarm goes off or it hears breaking glass.