What a difference 4 days makes

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by Emily Litella, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  2. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I don't know when it happened but I'm now a senior member, not a junior.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. archer

archer New Member

I hope we can attract new members, not just more posts by existing members. Word of mouth only will take this board so far, I know there are more computer literate residents in the Sun Cities then we are seeing represented here and on other local boards, how do we reach them?

4. Cynthia

Actually archer, more posts by existing members does get more attention. The more posts that are made, the more likely it is to show up on a google search, (the higher up it appears on the list). in fact right now if you google sun city forum it will be near the top. This might be more for people outside of sun city (like myself) who are looking for some info. but you guys have a monthly newsletter. wouldn't it be allowed to put something in that? newsletter editors are usually looking for something different to include.

5. archer

archer New Member

Good idea, Though I am not sure what news letter you are referring to. I think some local advertising of this board, be it through a news letter, other local forums, or even local news papers would help increase our numbers.

6. Cynthia

7. archer

archer New Member

OK, I thought you meant a newsletter not necessarily associated with the RCSC......We do get it delivered when we are there.....I rarely check it when we are in Colorado and assumed it was primarily for RCSC news and events, perhaps they would advertise a community message board, BPearson would be the person to ask about that.

8. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

SunViews is delivered to every home in Sun City maybe only those that subscribe to a newspaper.

It is also available at every Rec Center.

Question to Archer: Do you totally forget Sun City you leave.

BTW Sun City is sooooo nice and quite now that Snow Birds are gone. Sorry!

9. archer

archer New Member

What an odd question pegmih....of course I don't forget Sun City when I leave, that's one of the reasons I'm so pleased to find this message board.

We have spent a summer in Sun City, I too found it quiet, not only because the snow birds have left but also because so few people seem to come outdoors during the very hot months.

I love both places I live, Colorado and Sun City...one is not better than the other, just different.

We have been very lucky in our friends and neighbors in both locations.....they don't treat us differently because we are only there for 6 months at a time......we keep in touch while we are away, and our lives are enriched by having friends in both places. I know some residents in Sun City are not particularly fond of the snow birds.....at least that is what I have been told.....fortunately I have not run into any personally. Our neighborhood seems to have a nice mix of both full time residents and snow birds......

10. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

11. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I actually miss Sun City in the summer when we are gone, as there is great social life at the pool water walking. We will go for five weeks and there will be plenty of time to water walk after that. If you haven't tried it, you are missing a summer cool down, too.

12. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

We have been advertising since we launched in a direct mail piece, the monthly HOA newsletter, the local newspaper, the visitor center, and local people on this board have been wonderful in spreading the word. If you have any other suggestions please let us know. More posting does help the site get picked up by the search engines. The more we can get the word out the better.

Thanks everyone for your support.

13. Fiona

Fiona New Member

I am missing the snowbirds this year at our clay club. I thought I would enjoy the club being so quiet, but find it is too quiet now and I miss the chatter and chaos the snowbirds bring. Sept will be here before we know it.