Weekly Housekeeper Question

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Julianna, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Julianna

Julianna Member

Hello Everyone,
    It’s finally happening!
    Donald and I bought our Sun City home last November with the plan that my parents would housesit for us until we can start snowbirding.
    The movers are packing them up as we speak! They are so excited.
    I am hoping to start meeting with weekly housekeepers when I take mom and dad down this month. I have never had a weekly housekeeper so any tips that you have as to what to look for, what they traditionally do, who you would reccomend and the going rate would be most appreciated.
    Thank you

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Congrats J, but i doubt you need a weekly housekeeper. When mom was alive, we had one come once a month and it was plenty. Of course she seldom opened doors and windows. It really depends on how mobile and active your folks are and whether you have hard woods and tile or lots of carpet that needs vacuuming. Personally i would let them be the judge of how much they need before you hire someone.

3. Julianna

Julianna Member

Hi Bill,
    I guess I should clarify it was actually their idea to get a weekly housekeeper. I’m just helping them carry out that plan. As the resources on this site have been amazing for our family.

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

We had housekeepers in CA & WI but our house is way too small to need one in AZ. I'd pay dearly for someone to come in and dust which I hate to do with a passion, but my conscience wouldn't allow it.

Get to know your neighbors to get some recommendations and also check out the listings with SCHOA.

Julianna likes this.