Vinegar and/or hydrogen peroxide --The Natural Cleaners ! as well as...

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by Anita Mae, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Vinegar (which has an acid to it) and hydrogen peroxide (which is a disinfectant) are both great natural cleaning products and they can be used alone or with each other. I have a spray bottle mixed with 1/2 and 1/2 of both vinegar & peroxide...Works great as a cleaner - kills germs also.

I always use plain white vinegar on windows and mirrors...no streaks... and no artificial chemicals.

For the real difficult old water spots, lime, or just hard to clean - - Add just enough vinegar to "Bar Keepers Friend" - - to make a paste - - use this to rub out tough spots - then rinse with vinegar...comes out shiny !

:tyrannosaurus:

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I keep a spray bottle of vinegar/water on my kitchen counter. I spray the counter several times a day especially after doing any cooking.

I read that it would keep ants away because it eliminates the phenoroms (spelling is way off). That's the smell on the trail that the ants follow.

I don't find vinegar/water too good on mirrors or windows. But I haven't tried using straight vinegar.

Do you mean to say you mix vinegar and peroxide together? Or half vinegar and water in one bottle and half peroxide and water in another.

3. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

I will mix both vinegar & hydrogen peroxide together. I actually heard that on a t.v. talk show regarding home remedies for this or that.- - so far no problem... However, in addition, I also keep a bottle of straight white vinegar and straight hydrogen peroxide ready to spray as my cleaners. I never use a diluted form using water. And straight vinegar works best for the mirrors, windows & chrome.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Okey. I will mix vinegar & Hydroigen peroxide together.
    Specifically what is that used for?

I will also make a bottle with vinegar only and peroxide only.

If I use the peroxide on my hair will it make it go from brown to blond?
    At the present time it is getting a bit grey (gray).